I found a She Wolf in my closet. I asked her to GTFO.

I said, "Get out of there, Wolf, you don't belong in a closet, you're not a Jonas Brother." Three cheers for obscure memes.

I just realized that, according to Twitter, I eat a lot. I'm almost worried. Maybe it's just me, but it seems a lot of my tweets revolve around me eating or wanting something in my mouth; and not in that way, you dirty devils, because that would just be impractical and a major buzzkill.

Speaking of eating too much, we just had Thanksgiving up in Canunckistan. I went out to Bowen Island with the fam' to see some old friends. Bowen Island is this small island just west of Vancouver, populated mainly by aging hippies and potheads. Great place for bush parties, not so great to live. A typical conversation between someone on the mainland & Bowen would go something like this:
Quote
Steven: So, where you from?
Spencer: Bowen Island.
Steven: Oh ... I'm sorry, man.
But I did meet this dude there named Reid who was pretty cool. He plays drums and once we were all sufficiently tanked, we had a drum circle going, along with Adam Bailie. Reid also somehow got it into his head that I set a car on fire, sometime in my past. >_>

Anyways; in my spare time now, when I'm not at work, I've been trying to updating my profile a lot. It was a bitch because I am completely HTML retarded. But I think I've got something I like. It's has Digimon. And it's not like some ironic hipster thing where hipness is created out of things that are "unhip"; like, if you see a "hipster" lethargic on the couch watching Gillian's Island. I loved that show when I was a kid. Ever since my friend sent me the Season 1 opening, I've been rewatching the old episodes, half expecting to be really disappointed when I would realize that it wasn't as awesome as I thought it was. But watching it again now .... it's still every bit as epic as I remember it. I'm so glad young me had good taste.

Season 1 was awesome, Season 2 was alright ... but I always wanted to kick that girl with Hawkmon in the teeth. Season 3 was my favorite; and subsequently, the one when everyone stopped watching because change and plotlines and character depth is scary. In this series, everyone's seriously fucked up. Not that baaaaaaaaw emo shit. Proper fucked up. It's got things like mental and emotional abuse from a puppet, fratricide, weird sexual metaphors, and child abuse. Lots and lots of child abuse. One of the girl characters literally spends the second half of the series being fucked over by her puppet. And did I mention the fifty foot purple phallus covered with little green mouths that likes to say "You will be deleted" in the voice of a little girl?

Oh, and ten pointsthat really don't matter to anyone who knows the song lyrics I've got on my profile now.

In some other very exciting news, my friend Evan Schulte is going to be on Smallville this Friday! I met him when I was working as an extra on Tucker. So set your Tiv0 for The CW @ 8PM (PST), and if your parents object, tell them the Internet sent you.

I'm going to go be productive and hip now by updating my Batman fanfiction.
- Linden

P.S.: What are some great nostalgic shows that you miss?
October 17th, 2009 at 02:15am