This Is Just So Hilarious, It Isn't Even Funny. Seriously. Read This.

Ok, first off, I am a book worm.
I read a book every single day and love going to Borders and other places to buy books. So I was kind of surprised that my mom bought me a book. I read sci-fi, romance, thriller, biographies, and fantasy books. Vampires, powers, etc.
And she thinks it's all retarded and stupid that I read those kind of books, but she encourages it because well, I'm reading.
She handed me a book today in the late morning, and before I could get a good look at the cover, she left.
I read the title and guess what it was???
Questions YOUNG PEOPLE ASK Answers That Work.

I swear, I cracked up when I read the back. You know you read the back or the inside of the jacket of the book to see what it's about? Well I read it.

I cracked up when I did. Here are some of the questions on the back:
Why Don't My Parent's Understand Me?
Why Did Dad and Mom Split Up?
How Can I Make Real Friends?
Why Do I Get So Depressed?
Why Won't The Kids Leave Me Alone?
What About Sex Before Marriage?

Yeah I know right? It's so hilarious, that it isn't even funny.

I decided to read it, just for the laughter. It's good to laugh every now and then. I read the first few pages, and seriously. What kind of crap is it? Seriously, they had all these verses from the bible, and I laughed. Then got pissed.
I'm an athesist, and I don't believe in "god" and the such. But I haven't told my family yet because they just wouldn't understand because my grandma is Catholic and religious so they've been influenced by her.
I have no problem with that because she was raised like that, but my parents are starting to shove it down the my throat.
It even said that if you parents are druggies or that they abuse you, you should thank them and honor them.
WTF!!!!!
What kind of crap is that?!?!?! If your parents abuse you and fight all the time, you should honor them, respect them, and love them? And not feel resentment towards them?
Ugh, it's despicable.
They even said that rebelling doesn't work and arguing doesn't either, but to me it does work.
I guess my mom wants me to be more open to her, but guess what?
I don't want to because she really doesn't get me. So what's the point of trying, she really won't get what roams through my mind.
Some might say that I should open up, and I will. But when the time is right, such as when she gets home right now and I tell her about the book.
She's in for it.
Really in for it.
October 18th, 2009 at 05:23am