I'm really happy I didn't know about redundancy when I was a child

It makes for many a good laugh.

I was over at my parents house the other night with my brother for some dinner. My step-dad was showing us some funny Youtube video about sheep shearing while my mom was in the guest room where a bunch of boxes full of our old childhood things were kept. She was going through them for whatever reason, when all of a sudden, she starts laughing like a madman.

We asked her what was up, and when she finally calmed down, she crawled out of the guest room with an old newspaper in hand from this small Alberta town where I lived until I was about seven or eight. "Linden, do you know what this is?" she asked.

"No."

"It's from Christmas 1995. Remember how they would publish the childrens' letters to Santa in there?"

"Yeah ... "

"Haha! Well, one of yours is in there!"

There were about six letters from different kids in there. They were all really long and it was painfully obvious that they were all written by the parents. Mine was, by far, the shortest. So, here is said Xmas letter for your LOLing pleasure, verbatim, in all it's beauty:
Quote
Dear Santa:
We need Baby All Gone and I know what baby starts with - B. I've been a good girl. How is Rudolph? He has a shiny nose; he's just a baby and has a red nose.
Love,
Linden
Yours truly, circa 1995. And I haven't improved since!! =D

I had no idea what the hell Baby All Gone was until we looked up the commercial. I remembered then, instantly, being entranced by the fake cherries when they would disappear, and then push them back out, and then watch them disappear once more.

She also dug up some of our old baby pictures.

Image
You just know I'm planning something.

Image
L -R: Cousins Mark & Reid, Brothers Duncan & Sean. What a bunch of P.I.M.P.S!

Image
Reid & Dunc are so happy here. Metallica must have been blasting.

My friends just introduced me to Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. I'm gonna finish this episode and then go to sleep. I am le tired. Stupid hormones.

If Balloon Boy was never in the Balloon, can he still be called Balloon Boy? I dunno, but I'd cast my vote for the Fresh Prince of Hot Air.
- Linden
October 19th, 2009 at 12:58am