Essay 1

As October rolls around more and more people are getting into the Halloween spirit. In other words people are ready for a good scare, and haunter houses all over the nation are opening up their doors to people of all ages. During this time, teenagers form groups to visit these haunted houses, and often times do not know where to begin in planning one of these trips. When making plans to go haunted housing a person should always consider the size of the group, the distance to and between each haunted house, and the overall cost of the trip.
One of the very first things to consider in planning a trip to a haunted house is the size of the group. It is usually favorable to go in a small group of close friends rather than a large and unmanageable group. As a result the group will be easier to keep together in the midst of all the excitement because there are fewer people to keep track of and a tight knit group of friends will be less likely to loose a member because everyone is involved. Being tight knit will also prevent cliques from forming within the group because the group is the clique. Moreover, a small group of friends will not be split up upon entering the haunted house for having too many people. In addition to small groups being easier to keep together, having a group of close friends will probably make getting permission from parents easier. Parents will be more apt to allow their children to travel long distances with friends they are most likely very familiar with.
In addition to distance reasons involving group make-up, close haunted houses or haunted houses that are very close together are much advised to the planner. Not only will parents be more likely to give permission if they know the people in the group, but they will also be more likely to grant permission if the haunted houses are nearby and/or are grouped closely together. This is because parents are more comfortable with short distance in case of emergencies; they appreciate being able to get to the group fast. Likewise, parents are more comfortable with haunted houses that are close together because it lowers the likelihood of an emergency increasingly. In addition to reason regarding permission, less driving time also means more haunted housing. Less driving time also means less gas money, and cuts down on cost.
Though distance is a very important factor in haunted housing, cost is the most important factor in going haunted housing. A cost effective trip will ensure that people will want to join together for a trip to be scared out of their minds. Not only must one consider gas prices, but admission costs and extra costs such as food and parking should be taken into consideration. Admission can become very expensive, therefore it is important to shop around for the best deal when haunted housing. The organizer of the trip should search for coupons and nights with discounts when planning a trip. He or she should also consider that cheaper haunted houses are often times not as good as more expensive haunted house, and should decide on quantity vs. quality. After the trip, many of the members of the group will probably be hungry. The organizer should add this factor into the budget to ensure that everyone gets food; no one likes to watch their friends eat while their stomach growls. After all of this is figured into the total, one should ask themselves if the trip is worth it. If the answer is no, the organizer might want to retrace their steps and find a more cost effective means of haunted housing.
On the whole, haunted housing is a very enjoyable experience to be shared with friends. Provided that the planner of the haunted housing trip keeps the above three factors in mind, the haunted housing experience will be one where several memories are made and no one will be soon to forget.
October 19th, 2009 at 12:53pm