Simple Breakdowns Lead to the Discovery of Yourself

Its amazing how stress can actually help you find yourself. One thing can strike what you think is your last nerve, and you talk to someone and everything just comes out. You realize all the negatives first, believing that the rut you're stuck in is the one you'll be stuck in forever. But then the positives come out and you suddenly realize life is better than it seems to be. There are others out there that are in worse situations than the one you are in. You start setting all kinds of goals for yourself. Short term, midterm, long term. You put the focus on you. You and only you. You begin to focus on yourself, your family, your friends, your community, your academics, etc. Life is something valuable and time is never on your side, so you have to do what you can while you can and live every moment to the fullest. You never know what you can find on your journey. You find things that inspire you. Dreams to follow. A heart to listen to. Things happen. Life's got to move on and pages have to turn and sometimes you have absolutely no control. Things have to move at their set pace. There are things in life that you can go without. Things you don't need to get through. Sometimes you have to skin your knees more than once to get there and figure out what you don't need. Experience is one of the greatest mentors. You need to hold on to what you have while you have it because life is too short to wake up with regrets. Everything happens for a reason and everything almost always has a purpose for happening.
October 20th, 2009 at 03:39am