You know what really bugs me?

Bad spelling and bad grammar.
I'm sorry, but it does. Maybe it's because my mother is an English teacher; I don't know.
I find it really depressing to go onto the story board and find a story called "Without You Is How I Dissappear." One, it's rather sad to just name a story after a lyric, simply because you like the band who made that song. Two, that person probably claims MCR is their favorite band. If they really are your favorite band, you should probably learn how to spell their song titles. And three, it's a TITLE. It's usually what attracts readers. Who wants to read a story when the title is misspelled?

And when I read stories and the grammar is bad, it actually hurts. I get physical HEADACHES trying to read badly written sentences. I may be an extreme case, but no one really likes not being able to understand things.

It bothers me when people, in the summary, say, "There may be some spelling errors, I wrote it at 2am, lol!" One, it isn't funny. Two, writing stories at 2 am really doesn't help anyone. Three, there shouldn't be spelling errors unless you genuinely don't know how to spell the word. If writing at 2:00 in the morning makes you spell badly, why not just go to bed? Or maybe, you could proofread. Or write the stories in Word and hit the spellcheck button. It will get you so many more readers.

Seriously people. Help me out?
May 25th, 2007 at 05:08pm