RIP Journals. Why 'The Birdcage' Rocks, And My Opinions On The New Scooby Doo Movie.

I've seen a few journals talking about the journals being taken down and thought I might as well join them. I have a few last words for the journals.

Though I didn't post many, this was probably my favorite part on the site. True the blogs will most likely be way cooler and prettier, the fact remains that you have been very good to us. I will miss the journals of thirteen year old girls talking about losing their virginity to their 'true love', all the sad emo kids that can't take a joke, and the awesome people talking about their day. Many of you here have provided great entertainment for me, and some? Not so much. . .

Now onto better subjects. Anyone ever seen 'The Birdcage'? It's amazing, Nathan Lane and Robin Williams are a couple that own a drag club, their son is getting married to a girl and her father is a senator going through a very scandalous case. I watched this when I was a kid and never got the jokes. Now that I'm a few years older I can finally laugh and mean it.

My mom and I like to go around the house boxing our faces while singing, "Madonna, Madonna!"

The movie is hysterical, I love it. You should too.

Speaking of movies, anyone see the new Scooby Doo movie? I saw it yesterday, I wasn't expecting anything special. Let's start with the cast, shall we?

Freddie, since when is he a brunette? Everyone knows that Fred has gorgeous blond locks. It's a fact. Google it. But besides that, he did a very good job. He was a leader, a very good young Freddie.

Daphne, okay so the actress is pretty, but compared to Sarah Michelle Gellar, she's just another girl. However, despite the looks, she also is very good at her role, I think.

Velma, when you think about it she kind of did look Asian during 'A Pup Named Scooby Doo'. Anyone else notice that? Besides, her "sneaky" run is the cutest thing I've seen since my kitten, she's absolutely adorable. Jinkys!

Shaggy, dear God I thought he was going to be terrible. I wasn't sure if he was going to be able to pull off Shaggy's voice. You know, how he always sounds like he's getting slapped in the throat by puberty. I was so happy when I heard him speak, I squealed so loud and had the biggest grin on my face. He was so groovy through out the entire movie, total bee eff eff with Scooby, it was great.

What are your opinions? I really liked it, especially the ending. I love that the ending is the beginning to the show.
October 27th, 2009 at 02:56am