Oh Avatar how could they!

Okay Nickelodeon's hit show Avatar the Last Air Bender is something I fell in love with when it first came out. So of course I'm really excited when I hear they're turning into a movie. That is until i found out more about it.

The first thing is the director, M. Night Shyamalan. He directed pieces of shit like The Lady in The Water and The Happening. Two of the worst movies EVER!!!!! Well the movie might have been able to survive but then the casting happened. The were going to have Jesse McCartney play Zuko at first at thought it was a joke, but no they were 100% serious about that. Thankfully he had a tour and couldn't be it. But Dev Patel from Slumdog Millionaires isn't much better, he is a great actor but looks nothing like Zuko. Aang played by Noah Ringer looked really young like an 8 year old. Katara looks pretty good but she looks 14 and a 14 year old and an 8 year just don't work out to much. Now this brings me to the only casting they did right the part of Sokka. He will be played by my man Jackson Rathbone. Jackson is in the popular movie Twilight as the character Jasper. Let me say that Sokka just became my fave character, can't wait to see Jackson drink cactus juice :).

For more info http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R36ofjxBY_Q&feature=fvw
October 29th, 2009 at 11:56pm