My thoughts on everything, as of right now.

First off, is a question. If somebody wrote something about how fanfiction is for 'unimaginative retards incapable of creation who instead mimic their superiors', and posted it in the story section, shouldn't it go under the journal section? It doesn't have any characters or any elements of a story; it's a rant about fanfiction authors. Also, doesn't it go against the rules if they say the title of a story they didn't like?

Secondly, this is something I've been trying to figure out for a while. Why do people hate their hometown and go to absurd measures to ensure they can leave? I haven't been able to figure it out. I'm one of those people who feel that way, and I can't figure out why. Next year, I'm switching schools and starting IB program preparation, just in so I have a better chance of leaving Colorado and the country. My best friend is doing the same thing for the exact same reasons. There's nothing bad about where I live, in fact, it could be the school featured in Disney movie, we're so clean. But I hate it here. And I just can't figure out why.

Third, what makes a music choice? I mean, my favorite type of music is probably pop, but, really, I'll listen to pretty much anything. I love rock, I love alternative, I love country, and I'm okay with rap/hip-hop. But my best friend can't stand anything that's not rock or alternative. So are the people with who only like certain types of music the people who know music best and have the best taste in music (as my health teacher insists) or is it the people like me who can listen to pretty much anything? Also, why do people hate the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus so much? Is it just because of their music? I mean, are the people who are claiming that they're gay or sluts or whatever just claiming that because they've heard one song by them?

Fourth, when you were my age (fourteen) how often did you cook for your whole family? I cook dinner every Tuesday as well as lunch on weekends/snow days. My friends say that this is absolutely insane, but I'm not sure. What, in your mind, is the average amount somebody my age should be cooking meals for their whole family?

For my fifth topic is school. I'm in middle school, and as some of you may know, I really struggle with it. Everybody tells me that high school is better, and that middle school are the worse years of your life. In your opinion, is this true? Does high school get dramatically better, or does it only improve slightly? Does it improve at all?

If you read all of this, and/or answer any of it, then here is your gift. Enjoy!

PS. It kinda sucks that they're getting rid of journals. I'm in charge of the journals section over at the Mibba magazine, and now there's a mass confusion over what I'm supposed to be doing. (I work alone).

PSS. If one really nice person could read this and tell me if it has any errors (I don't really care what you think of it), I'd love you forever.

PSSS. I want to change my username, but have no ideas. After reading this, do you have any suggestions for me?
October 31st, 2009 at 03:33am