Promising start...?

I am going to be a hermit.

This week, I am spending two days at the office, yesterday and today, and then spending from Wednesday up til Sunday writing up two essays, preparing for a close reading of something that I do not have yet and reading over 100 pages of critical essay work.

The temptation to get into bed and curl up with Angela Carter is very strong. But next week, from Monday, I get to do proper work at the office i.e. helping to choose locations for filming, going out on another shoot, probably more screen portrayal forms, o the joys.

Just kidding. No way am I complaining about any of it. I like being busy and I work well under pressure. Another reason why I'll be good working in TV.

Good news too! I had my last shift at the bar which was sad but Lee - a customer who's come in a few times - came in to see me on my last night and asked for my number.

He's a librabrian at one of the most famous libraries in the world and, yes, I am totally going to exploit that for ALL it's worth! He also works part time as a cop which I'm unsure about as there's some part of myself that just doesn't like the idea of 'policemen'. Which is ridiculous, utterly, utterly ridiculous but maybe it's just something I have to grow out of.

Lee seems nice but I'm not sure what we have in common. He did have a copy of Hitchhikers Guide on him...so, it's a promising start...
November 3rd, 2009 at 03:14am