lol, so I totally have a split personality

Has anyone ever noticed that most people who actually have split personalities don't up and shout it to the world? Most don't even know they have a split personality.

I'm kind of annoyed today because all these girls in my school have suddenly dubbed themselves with serious mental disorders like schizophrenia, kleptomania, pyromania, and multiple personalities. They go around and giggle about it like it's a joke. My friend disappointed me because she told me she had a split personality and then all of a sudden and in the middle of her sentence she puts on a fake blank look and tells me her name isn't what it is anymore. Asking things like "where am I?" and "Who are you?" over and over again before she switches back and walks into her class with no problem. The act was so fake I could have screamed.

Seriously? Do people need to stoop so low to fit in or be noticed that they actually have to do something like this?

The only reason I'm offended is because my brother actually has both schizophrenia and two personalities. And let me tell you, it's not something to poke fun at and pretend you have. There are nights where I spend hours looking after him because he can't stop screaming about fires that aren't there. Days go by and he doesn't even know who I am. He grows violent, moody, and depressed one day - and is happy, but infantile the next. I cry because he can't remember my name sometimes and rejects my help when he needs it.

Yet here these idiotic girls are, grouping up and playing the part of a "crazy person" with an upset past.

I don't use the word very often, but I'm disgusted.

---

*sigh*

In other news, I've got a new novel that should be coming out sometime this week.
It's called The Preacher's Toy; about a small valley town called Bluebell, and the insane goings-on there. Here's the possible cover and a short summary:

EDIT: What are the rules concerning images, can anyone tell me? I've tried looking for Mibba's rules page, but I can't seem to find it. I don't think it's that bad, but if the image below is too disturbing for Mibba somehow, I'd take it down if I knew for sure it was against the rules. Help is appreciated. ^^;

Image

In a small valley town called Bluebell, there is a church. The church is everything and all that the townsfolk do is done with God in mind. So when the preacher suddenly claims he's been told the day of reckoning will soon fall upon them all, and begins to take the town's young females as sacrifices in His name so that they might be spared from the burning fires of Hell, is it really God's will?

This story tells of fifteen-year-old Amy White and her refusal to begin a bloody tradition she knows will lead to no good.

The town is turning against you, Amy White. God is coming, and he wants you dead.


---

Alright, so I'll admit it's a little rough for now, but I've been working on this plot for a loonngg time (even longer than my story Scream ) So if you like the sound of it, let me know! Keep your eyes peeled, because I'll be finished editing the first handful of chapters soon enough to post a couple later this week. :)


~CI
November 4th, 2009 at 02:05am