Future Projects. Again.

Why hello there. Oh my god, that sounds creepy. Okay let me start over.

Since Birds has ended, I've been in a bit of a writing slump. In The Garden of Blue Dreams and Lace & Bones didn't really work out for whatever reason. I've got a few ideas in my head but I'd really like to hear what people want me to write. I mean, Lament is going to be just about wrapped up in the next... oh, I don't know, five chapters? So I think now is a good time to start something new.

So here are my ideas. I'll just do my best to summarize them. Please let me know what you think of these different stories and maybe what you'd like to read:

The Wicked: Six people, connected in different, strange ways, all end up at the Hotel Richmond, an abandoned hotel in a ghost-like town in Nevada. Each of them have their reason for being at Hotel Richmond, each has a distinct personality and each have complexities that they must try and untangle. The climax of the story is when one character tries to kill another character (which you know from the beginning), but the story leads to up to explaining why it happened.

The Forest of Thieves: The retelling of Little Red Riding Hood. Ruby is the seventh daughter in a family whose daughters are known for beauty, delicacy, femininity and grace. Ruby is the Fierce daughter, however, not beautiful or graceful or feminine. But she is the only one of the family that will dare enter The Forest of Thieves to get to the other side of town where her grandmother lays dying. For in the forest, there is a kingdom of hungry, wild wolves who can change their shape to men. And the Crown Prince of the kingdom of wolves is Morrok. He was brought up to be just as soulless as his father and his brothers, but he cannot help but feel more human than animal. This is basically what might have happened if Little Red Riding Hood and the wolf fell in love.

Vespertine: This is a story that revolves around the dreams I've been having and so far it doesn't have much of a plot except this:
Evey has been having nightmares of a huge castle, a dark forest and a green eyed boy who smiles at her and then disappears. When she arrives at [Something] Hotel, she realizes this is the place she's been dreaming about, and when she meets a green eyed boy who smiles at her in such a familiar way she can't help but feel on guard. The Hotel holds many secrets, however.
(Yeah this is as far as I've gotten with this one. The story line is just not coming together like I want.)

Pale Moon: Yes I've been doing a lot of thinking about this one. You'd have to realize, though, that if it came back, it would really be not like the first version I posted. The ten chapters that I had would be stretched so that it's the first story of a trilogy. Either way, here's the plot for people who don't know:
Fenris, heir to the throne of the Lycanthropes, is searching. She is searching for a way to end the war between the Lycanthropes and the Vrykolakas - a war between Living and Dead. She is searching for her mother, lost on a quest. She is searching for the reasons why she can speak to spirits, call spirits, go into the spirit world and bind spirits to her and still her father treats her like she is nothing. She is searching for a way to end her love of a man who doesn't seem to want to have anything to do with her. And most of all, she is searching for herself, searching in the cold, snowy world that is Midgard.

Quid Pro Quo: Not like the old Quid Pro Quo that I had up. This is the only light-hearted story I'm thinking about. A girl [haven't decided on her name yet], not wanting to be the only one of her friends dateless for the senior prom, decides to hire a fake boyfriend. The boy [no name yet either] is desperate. He needs to get a job or he'll be kicked out of his house with nowhere to go. By chance, he sees the girl putting up flyers for 'Boyfriend For Hire' and realizes that will be the easiest job he's ever had. Hilarious-ish hijinks ensue.

So... that's pretty much it.
Just, you know, let me know what you think.
November 8th, 2009 at 01:58pm