And so it goes....

So here I go again...down the lovely path of confusion, hatred, and pain killers. Though this time I'm going to do my damnedest to stay away from the drugs. I get on this whole ordeal of religion, god, and humanity--this typically happens after I've attended some church service or have watched those religious channels on TV. It just gets my mind going and the thoughts are unbearable half the time. I've come to the absolute conclusion that there is no god, or if there is in fact a god I want absolutely no association with the deity. Gods/Goddesses, along with their religions, do nothing more than promote an afterlife, they promote to the general public that it's perfectly fine to sin in this world because this world, the here and now, was made in sin--it's a man-made place and therefore is imperfect, which means that it's perfectly okay to sin in this world. The afterlife is all that truly matters because that's where the deity is, this is where perfection is. Because you made it into heaven, all your sins in this world, this life, are forgiven. So truly what you do in this life, so long as you accept the god and its rules as your life, truly doesn't matter.
Furthermore, religion proceeds to allow people to become incredibly self-centered. People become so obsessed with trying to get into heaven that everything they do simply becomes a means in which they can better themselves in the view of their god(dess). People help other human beings out simply because it looks good in the eyes of their deity.
I hate this whole religion/god thing! Because people become obsessed with themselves they end up losing sight of what truly matters---this world and all of humanity. Any god(dess) and religion that states that all you have to do is worship me and promote me above all others and viola! you get into heaven---I want absolutely no part in that. It destroys this world and everything in it, it destroys the value and meaning of the here and now. Religions and Gods should promote the here and now. They should state not to worry about the afterlife, instead you should worry this world, this life. Make it a better place for not only you but for your fellow species ( animals included) and for future generations, so that they may simply live. As Ralph Waldo Emerson stated:"Be an opener of doors for such as come after thee, and do not try to make the universe a blind alley." Because you have truly and sincerely put others before you, you deserve, you have earned, your place in heaven.
Everyone complains about the hatred in this world, that generation after generation only gets worse---OPEN YOUR EYES!! See yourself for who you are and what you preach to previous and future generations: do you preach about how this world is awful, that this world is sinful, and all that truly matters is how your god(dess) views you? Or do you preach about changing the here and now, about making this life better not only for yourself but so that others and future generations may live a peaceful and happy life?
I see the destruction of humanity and it kills me, literally. It kills me because I know that change is possible and that human beings are capable of such great love and kindness towards fellow and different species. Yet they show little, if any, of it. We, as in humanity as a whole, have become so self-centered, so uncaring towards others, that I see almost no possible change to be had because majority of the human race are nothing more than blind, ignorant sheep--and that absolutely terrifies me.
I just needed to vent this, just needed to get this out. I'm scared that humanity is too far gone to understand the path it has chosen and that the destruction of our species, as well as others and the planet, will come within a few hundred years; someone please tell me I am wrong in this perception, please tell me that there is hope for humanity and for future generations to live peacefully with one another in this life. Because if there is no hope, then there is no need for me to stay.
November 11th, 2009 at 01:29am