Mush

I was writing a story and then I started writing this so I figured why not put it into a journal. When are they getting the blab section? I might just blog if they actually make one.

Isn’t it all just a game, life? When we feel good we smile, when we feel bad we smile, it’s just a little harder, a little more fake. The game is to find out when it’s real, when anything in our lives is real. That’s the true goal, to know when what someone says is true or if it’s just another lie. Sometimes we take chances and just believe, but sometimes we take pills and choose not to believe. The finish line is who is left at the end of all this. Who deciphered through the lies and found the truths, who took the time to find it all.
I think the easiest thing to know truly, is if we’re in love or not. When you’re in love you know it. It’s just a feeling, kind of like water is wet, or grass is green. And it just happens, sometimes for the best and sometimes for the worst, like when he doesn’t love you back. That’s the hardest feeling to acknowledge. Little girls pick flowers and pull off the petals to find out if that one guy loves them or not. Doesn’t that seem like the simplest way? It seemed to work back then too. Not like you’d ever tell the guy, but you believed, and that was all you needed. The thought truly counted.
These days, we judge. Meaning, we murder people with our thoughts.
Boy meets girl, girl has braces, boy turns around. End of story.
In the old days, when we were little, it went differently.
Boy meets girl, girl blushes and gives him a toy, boy takes toy and offers to play with the girl. End of story. They live happily ever after until puberty.
If only love was simple. The feeling isn’t even simple. Now, you never know if you should have butterflies or if you should play hard to get and pretend to not like him, which means you can’t blush or hold hands or even look at him! Just turn away and pretend to like someone else. Well, what if the guy is really stupid and doesn’t go after you? Then what do you do? I guess you’re just out of luck, right? It seems simple, fall in love, get married, get careers and money, have a kid, then the cycle starts all over again and you grow old and white haired together. Well now we have to work in the economic crisis and save money for divorce and keep the wedding dress incase we remarry, and why even bother having kids with all that to deal with? Get a dog; they’re cute and easy to train, and you don’t have to worry about custody as much, just get a good lawyer.
November 12th, 2009 at 04:15am