Simplicity

Life’s a bit of misery to some. Those some would always feel down and depressed and would always think that they don’t belong. They often sit back, watch the world go round as if they are waiting for some people to pick them up and cheer them. Well, the planet isn’t always like that. Things change, and so do people. Never do they realize that the world is always the place they fall in. They would always go back when they finish commiserating and continue as if nothing happened, just a pure waste of time.

I realized that again around 4 this afternoon. It was raining and I have like a 10-kilo bag on my shoulders. I felt pain for a while as I sat on a bench waiting for a ride across the river. I noticed some kids running in front of me, soaking wet. I followed them with my eyes and realized that they were swimming on the river, where all the waste of the city would probably go. After a while, I soon pictured out that they are only ignoring the fact that the river is not that clean. I can see most of them smile and had fun. They have no worries. Simple things. Yet some people pick-up positive energy or in other words happiness from it. It’s normal for some and hard for the others. This story is much like any other third world experience. But it hit me when the word “appreciate” passed on one of my thoughts. Simple yet special. Nothing more, nothing less. Just another day, but it’s worth the time spending for. Even if the simplest forms of activity you would do would be special if you would only know how to put the word appreciate in it. By the minute I saw those kids, I feel biased when I always forget to buy batteries for my camera.

Another lesson learned. Hope I can find something tomorrow.

Ciao
November 15th, 2009 at 07:03pm