Roadhouse

I'm not good with horror movies, I don't get the supposed thrill of watching them and being scared enough to pee you pants. Its not my thing, I would prefer not to have to think of these things well I get into bed. But when your at someones birthday party you can't exactly ask them not to watch those movies that they rented for their party.

So last Saturday I watched.
Friday the 13th,
30 Days Of Night,
Strangers.

Friday the 13th was just hilarious, I mean every other second scene was a topless girl who seemed to always die first because of her whorish ways.... The thing that confuses me isn't Jason suppose to be mentally challenged? If so how in the world can he move that fast, and build that huge ass tunnel under that cabin?

That does not sound mentally challenged that sounds genius with social issues.

30 Days Of Night, sort of scary but more screaming at the TV at their stupidity. When they are first leaving the station after they found out that something is really wrong, and the main guy says something about the old ladies safety. And how does she reply?

"Don't worry we have walkie talkies."

Uhm, sweetheart a walkie talkie isn't going to stop a bug let along a group of vampires who want to suck your blood. I can just see it now,

"Oh my god vampires! Stop! I have a walkie talkie!"

"Whatever language the vampires where speaking."

My friend was convinced it was German, but it sounded like gibberish. Luckily there where English subtitles when the ugly people with blood beards spoke. The vampire who appeared to be the leader seemed to be the walking talking quote man with all the stuff that was coming out of his mouth.

Strangers, it was so creepy.....and stupid.
You killed them because they where home? Isn't that where your messed up family should be? What did you do pick an activity out of hat?

Go to the movies,
Go to dinner,
Murder random people you do not know.

Seriously you killed them because they where home? Messed much, and what was with the masks? Are you preparing for Halloween?

And then the kids with the pamphlets at the very end,

"Are you a sinner?" Kid carrying christian pamphlets.

"Sometimes." ....Every now and then you know, no big deal. It's just the activity that was pulled out of the hat.

The main reason the movies where not so bad is the title of this journal. My friend Latasha had watched a Family Guy episode where everything was "Roadhouse".

So through out the three movies whenever it looked liked someone was going to get stabbed, shot or drowned all you would hear in the pitch black across the room.

"Roadhouse."

After the movies we stayed up until 4:35 in the morning. I'm still suffering from the effects, needless to say I needed a lot of coffee for the past two days. I didn't even have nightmares with the little sleep I had, come to think of it the scariest thing was when we where outside on a side road with flashlights playing hide and seek in the pitch black.

A car went down the road, and this road is well know, it has an old mill at the end of it where people sell and do drugs. So my friends well aware of this started stumbling around waving their arms and screaming turn it up, since the person's car was making that ba - dump noise as it went by because of loud music.

Next thing you know it screeches to a stop and then backs up tires flying dust from the dirt road completely blocking buddies brake lights. He backs up and since it completely dark you can't see whose in the car, my friends as soon as they seen him start to back up dove for the ditch and started for the woods.

Then all you see is a hand and him curling his finger for us to come forward.

My first thought, those idiots threw something at his car or gave him an inappropriate gesture.

Melissa walks forward, she recognized the car. It was a guy from our school who deliverers pizza and wanted to know why we where stumbling around the road with flashlights and staring into the woods like idiots.

And that was the scariest moment of the whole night, that and almost getting run over by a truck driven by the resident hicks of my neighborhood. They where heading down to the mill well the stuck their bodies out the window and yelled at us to get off the road.

Maybe if you had your headlights on you would have seen us.

Sad thing is, I've been going to school with all three of the guys in the truck since primary. And they spent the next hour driving down the road and then back down to the mill. Back and forth, can you say no life?

And that concludes my weekend.
November 17th, 2009 at 02:16am