New Moon

Okay, so I am indeed one of the Twilight 'snobs' who loves the books and despises the movies. Well, at least the first one. In the movie Twilight, the acting was poor and the detail was lacking. I found it so abhorrent that instead of taking the free class period and doing nothing but watching the movie, I resorted to actually completing my English homework ahead of schedule. I knew from the get go that I wasn't going to like the movie, but I never expected to hate it. And it's not just because I've read said book eight times, it really was the acting and portrayal.

However, desperate to leave the house last night, I went with my friends to see New Moon(I was out-voted...). At any rate, this installment of the series is significantly better than its predecessor. The movie is rather long, but because of it's length, I believe it was more sincere to the book. There are differences that bothered me and many others, such as the change of the color of Edward's car and a few other minor details that I won't point out as to not annoy anyone else who doesn't notice themselves. There are, of course, still those moments(like in Alice's vision of Bella and Edward running through the field XD) where you look at the screen and shout, "What the hell? Like, seriously? That is so GAY! And not it a good way!". Actually.... I think I might have done that at one point... Oops. Also, something that is either pretty cool or rather annoying is that parts of the movie seem to be animated, like, in a Beowulf type of way. It was interesting to see, and even if you are refusing to see it, as I was, I advise viewing it. At the very least you can make fun of it, laugh a hella lot, and get hit by your friends who are grossly captivated by the film like I did.

This is my review and I hope it was entertaining or persuading at the least. =)

P.S. Just so you can somewhat trust my point of view, I've read New Moon five times. What can I say? I re-read books I like.
November 24th, 2009 at 04:49am