Freak Out!

I have a new boyfriend! He's a senior (I'm 10th), he's really sweet, and his name is Tom. Quoting a lyric from Tokio Hotel "In your shadow I can shine": he's the sun and I'm the moon. We are completely opposites. He likes to shop at Holister (sorry if I miss spelled the name), while I love my Hot Topic. He loves sports and I hate gym class. Silly high school labels classify him as "preppy" and me as "punk", so imagine the "scandal" we are when we walk down the hall way holding hands. Tom's already had to tell a few people off thanks to drama jealous people started.
My school doesn't like any form of change or "abnormality", so when Tom asked me to attend his senior prom and then when we went official, people were not very happy. Tom's cousin was one of them. His cousin went as far as to tell MY boyfriend that how I'm too ugly, weird, and that Tom could do so much better than me. His cousin even tried hooking Tom up with other girls! Tom then proceeded to throw his cousin out his house. The good news is that Tom and I laugh at how people waste their time trying to meddle their way into our relationship.
I've known Tom since my freshman year and I've always teased him with a sarcastic humor that formed our friendship. He asked me to prom in mid-October and then in early November we made is official. We're both shocked at how easy it is to be with each other seeing as I couldn't stand him at all last year; I guess people change.
Anyway, my dad and older brother don't like how Tom's turning 18 in December. I'm 15 and I'll be turning 16 near the end of February. He's only two years and a few months older than me, which personally I don't see an issue, but my dad does. Even after I talked to Tom, and my father, and my friends talked to Tom, that we (Tom and I) are not, will not, and do not ever plan to have sex, my dad is still over board on controlling. My father doesn't even bother listening to me when I tell him that I don't want to have sex now or in the near future. I want to wait till I'm married, but he seems to think that I'll LET a guy convince me otherwise. I understand that I'm his "baby girl", but he needs to understand that I'll do things when I'm ready and sex isn't one of those things that I'm ready for.
My father is trying to be a very controlling figure in my life. I plan to become involved in the entertainment business by either doing music video producing/directing and/or movie/television screen writing. My dad believes that I can't survive in the real world living on a salary gained from music video producing. He can be such an ass!
Then my father starts really yelling at me because I haven't called Tom today and he hasn't called me. I spent all Thanksgiving day with him, and then Tom was up all night because of Black Friday, plus he had to go to work today from 2pm to 5:30pm. I know he would be tired today, so I thought I'd let him worry about sleep than trying to hold a conversation on the phone. My father says that I can't bring a boy into his house, call him my boyfriend if he doesn't plan to call me everyday. Tom and I haven't even been dating a month (Dec. 5 is one month) and it would be creepy for him or me to call each other EVERYDAY.

Am I wrong for not calling my boyfriend today? Am I a bad girlfriend? Is Tom's jerk cousin right when he told Tom that he could do better than me?
November 28th, 2009 at 10:46am