Teenagers? =\

Ok so this may turn into a rant but I'm pretty annoyed at the minute so forgive me? =]

Basically I'm annoyed that as a teenager I'm being punished for my age. Today in the papers it was all about gang culture, an actual quote being 'knife crime is common everyday life for the youths of today'.. I don't know about you but i've never even THOUGHT about stabbing someone (except perhaps with a spork but thats another matter) so why are we presented like this?

Its getting to the point where i cant even walk into my local shopping centre without being followed around the shops by the security, YES HELLO I'M SIXTEEN but that doesnt mean i'm going to steal something. I just hate the way that people automatically assume you're bad even if they dont know you.

Its the same with hoodies, no i'm not wearing it to make me look 'cool' or to act 'hard' i'm wearing it because its bloody WINTER, FREEZING and very likely to rain! So please get over it?
Personally I just think that people fear what they dont know, I've had so many conversations with older people (i'm the type to let them have my seat on the bus) who dont seem to think we're bad but then the next day you see in the paper about another gang issue...
Its not right how only a small minority of people seem to affect how people persieve the youth of today and actually... its kind of sad too.
Ok thats about it :) rant over for tonight haha, what do you guys think?
November 30th, 2009 at 12:45am