What are you passionate about?

I'm passionate about music. And I hate to sound like almost every other teenager out there in the world, music is my life. It has been since I can remember, considering my dad was a lead guitarist in a rock band, and I've just been use to music. I want to become a singer. Writing my own music, with my own style. I'd like to be in a band, but that's never going to happen. My taste in music differs, and no one I know is as passionate about it as I am.

Then, all of a sudden. I'm thinking...what if my career as a musician doesn't pick up? I'm afraid to share my greatest songs to the world in fear that they would be rejected. However, my stance is that if someone doesn't like it, they don't like it. Still, that fear is there, and I don't know what to do with it.

I love writing music. Writing about other things I'm passionate about, things that hurt me, things that make me happy, things that I think are beautiful. Things I can't get off my chest otherwise unless I sing it.

Another thing I'm passionate about is photography. It's been a recent interest but since taking Digital Photography as an elective last school year I've found out that I'm really good at it. Yes, I overuse the focus and my perspective on everything is getting up close and personal and trying to zoom in as close as possible to the subject. Simplicity. Odd angles. And if I assess every piece of photography I have shot, I realize the emptiness, the coldness, and I also realize I've unlocked apart of my soul that I've never seen before. Apart of me that's completely different then what I see when I look in the mirror.

Can I live comfortably while taking pictures and touring around the state, the country, the world?

What are you passionate about that you want to turn into a career?
December 1st, 2009 at 07:25pm