Alive, strangities, and hate against hate. [God hates Fags! What?]

Kafka and I recently went back and forth about whether people are really as different as they think and if anyone is really actually unique. I've been thinking about that recently. I still stick to my answer, but I believe she has a point when it comes to people not really being all that different in many ways. I think most of the emotions we experience that we would think are very strange are really quite normal.

Now, on to how I think I'm strange. Please correct me if I'm wrong and you share some similar thoughts or attributes with me.

I'm someone that doesn't count blood for a way to win affection. By that, I mean that I refuse to automatically love someone simply because they're related to me. So, in a sense, I think of my family more as friends rather than parents or cousins, but on the opposite end of the spectrum, if I really enjoy spending time with one of my family members, I'll tend to think of them as more of a brother or sister. I suppose the only example of this is my cousin Dustin. I suppose upon thinking about it, I've always considered him as more of a brother. So, I think from now on, I'll start referring to him as such. It makes sense though because I considered his dad - my uncle - more of a father than I do my biological father anyway. Still do, even if he did die of cancer back in '04.

As you've noticed, this journal isn't very organized. It's more of just what comes to my mind at the moment. I usually title my journals before I start typing so that I at least try to stay on track, but with this one, the title box remains blank for now. But of course, by the time you've read this line, it will have a title.

In case you were dying to know, my brother's biopsy came back and he doesn't have cancer. Now, if you've read my previous journal entries, I bet you're thinking, "But wasn't it your cousin that might have had cancer?" To that thought, I say: perhaps you should go back and re-read what you should have been paying attention to in this journal.

In my last entry, I said I'd seen New Moon three times. That remains true for now, but in about four hours or so, I will have seen it four times. Hey, blame my brother this time. He's the one who wants to see it now. I'd much rather go see The Fantastic Mr. Fox or Ninja Assassin, but he keeps assisting we go see New Moon, and since he's the one who's paying... well, you know how that goes.

I made one of those Mosaic things that Isa made a thread about. You can see it here. I thought it was pretty cool how it turned out looking.

Oh whoa! Hold up here. My brother is watching a video on his computer. I can't see it, but I can hear it clearly. It's some dude interviewing this Christian lady at some sort of protest. She's going on and on about how people don't want to obey God's commandments and how those people are going to hell, but it's not for her to judge. Ugh, shoot me now please. Wow, my brother just sent me a link to it. He knows me too well. If you'd like to be miserable watching this with me, you may do that at this link. I'm going to watch it now, and I'll post what I think afterward.

"God hates fags." Really? First of all, lady, The Bible says to love thy neighbor. It also says that Jesus loves everyone. So, therefor, God does not hate "fags". He hates the act of homosexuality. It also says to follow Jesus and act as he would act. I highly doubt that Jesus would go around spreading slanderous slang everywhere either. "Obey, obey obey. You're not going to obey if you don't have grace and faith, which are gifts from God." Grace? The definition of grace is: mercy; clemency; pardon, but God won't pardon homosexuals, so neither will you? "Do you think they're going to hell?" "Yeah, they're going to hell." Uhm, excuse me, but doesn't your Bible say something about not judging others? Okay lady, so if God's definition of love is to carry around messages of hate, your God can take his definition and shove it!

Sorry for that, everyone. I just really hate the Westboro Baptist Church. >.<

I think I'm going to be done with this journal now.
December 2nd, 2009 at 02:54am