Raffles, NaNoWriMo and I Need Stories to Read

I won a basket filled with goodies in a raffle!

Yes, it’s true…I did. I won it last night. Last night, my school was holding a talent show, which was fun. It was to raise money for the Skills USA trip my school participates in and since it’s an overnight trip, it costs money. So I went, bought my ticket from my best friend who is in Skills and went to the talent show. I went to laugh at some of the acts and found myself really surprise with some of them. A lot of freshmen were singing, some were really good and others…not some much. There was this one girl singing a song from Twilight and wearing a Twilight shirt…yeah. There were a lot of guitar players and singers…like they would sing while playing the guitar. Yeah, they were good, but all…how do I describe it, generic? There was this one girl who played the piano and sang and I loved her! She had a deep voice and when she left the stage, she looked embarrassed. After the show, I stopped her in the hall to tell her that I loved her performance and she looked just as embarrassed.

Well, anyway, I won a raffle basket during the talent show because they were raffling baskets filled with goodies. Some baskets were filled with hair products, others with makeup. But the basket I won had a big teddy bear, colored pencils, crayons, gingerbread shower gel, play-doh, and a wooden car. It was a little kid’s basket, I have two little sisters so I went for that one and I won! I was so happy that when they called my number, I whooped in the silent auditorium. It didn’t help that I had just drank Mountain Dew. It was my first…and probably my last time ever drinking Mountain Dew. It doesn’t taste like much…just sugar and bubbles. I was curious and boy did it give me a sugar rush. I may just drink it as a drug.

Going off the topic of talent shows, NaNoWriMo…I didn’t win. All of December 1st I was bummed out. However, I am still working on my novel. It’s called Desperada and I hope to finish it soon, edited it and post it on Mibba. It’s an original fiction and a crime story that goes inside the mind of a murderer.

It’s almost Christmas and I’m excited! I can’t wait, I love Christmas. Unfortunately, there are still many things that I have to get through in the month of December such as Mock Trial scrimmage and tests…I hate tests. In history, we are not going to have anymore tests until next year…I think…according to my teacher’s schedule. I have a math test on Monday that I’ll probably fail and that’s about it…

Right now, I’m watching episodes of Dream On, an old show from 1990 (well not that old). My favorite actress, Wendie Malick, is in it and I just love her! It’s her birthday next Sunday…ah…I’m such an obsessed fan.

However, I’m also in the mood for reading some stories. Original preferable, because I have no idea about most of these bands. I’m looking for a dark kind of story, a murder maybe…and a chaptered fic? Have any like that?
December 6th, 2009 at 12:22am