The New Moon CONTROVERSY!! (english essay much??)

The Hidden Truth about New Moon
A Movie Based on the Novel by, Stephenie Meyer.

Childish, obsessive, boring, never-ending, are some of the words that might have flooded your mind once you read the title. That is, if you actually bothered to read the title. New Moon, the sequel to the loved-my-many-and hated-by-millions novel by Stephenie Meyer, Twilight.
Many people, around the halls, magazines, websites have expressed their opinions related to this movie, some like Eva Miller, on the Bliss magazine calling it, “… the best movie I have ever watched, got me bouncing up and down on my chair all the time.” Or others like Internationalist a seventeen year old girl expressing her opinion on her Quizilla web page, “…one and a half stars would be too generous.’ Don’t see it, or, if you do, do what I did, and go on Cheap Tuesday.”

Now I think that I should give my opinion, what is it that we see in this movies? You might wonder. What is it that makes me go watch it the very same day that it is released? After all it’s just a movie, you might think.

It’s the sensation. The feeling of holding the book in your hands and start laughing hysterically because you are all so nervous you don’t know what to do. To suddenly close the book shut, losing the page where you’re on and all because you were to scared to continue reading. Under the covers at night, when everyone think you’re sleeping having the need to finish that certain part, and then coming in the mornings and desperately trying to tell what happened to some of your friends who will just smile and nod, but never say anything against you as they realized on the sudden glow your eyes got.

You can’t describe the way in which you feel when you are sitting in the cinema waiting for the characters that you have lived so many chapters with, appear. For once you feel as if you’re not alone, when you suddenly realize that there are many people around you with the same expressions, same thoughts, and same feelings surrounding them.

It might sound like and obsession, it possibly does sound like one. But obsession or not, I felt exhilarating happy when I was right there at that moment.

“…overall, New Moon was about as captivating as watching a slug crawl across the lawn, and just as slow. …and I wasn’t the only audience member to exclaim ‘Finally!’ with relief once the credits rolled.” (Internationalist. Quizilla, web page.)

All this debating for a movie, which in ten years time I will not remember where, and when I had seen it. I will not recall the emotions and the feelings probably, but never the less, if you really think about it, anyone can say whatever they like about me enjoying the Twilight-trash. They can say I’m childish, sad, or obsessive, but calling me these things, will not make them any better.

Because in the end being different, is what makes us the same.
December 6th, 2009 at 03:33am