There's more to poetry than depression and tragedy.

Seriously man.

I know like, mibba is seen as some sort of refuge for the ultra-typical youth writers who feel all alone and that sorta bull. But poetry is raw expression. It's art composed in pen.

It's better to be creative in your phrase, than just the same old construction of depression or love. There's even online resources that can help contribute to how you express how you feel rather than talking about the darkness or the tears in your eyes.

There are other ways to talk about self-harm than just the knife slicing your arm, it's not that difficult to construct something beautiful that's also dark.

But, even with all the ultra-typical prose on this site, it's kinda tragic that there's nothing but negativity, nobody expresses how great they feel, or rather, nobody seems to express it -well-. I gotta say, it gets kinda tiring to even navigate the poetry section on this site, it's like digging through cliché -emo-tional filth to find someone who can artisticly dictate and express their state of mind or opinions on something.

People write tragedies, but they're beautiful, or beautifully tragic. For a writing community, it's fucking difficult to find something that could be considered talent, or art.
December 6th, 2009 at 07:10am