I have a three hour exam tomorrow. Oh, the joys.

Well, it's three hours and twenty five minutes if you want to be precise about it.
The worst thing is, it's not even a real GCSE, it's only a mock, so it doesn't even count for anything.
It's a maths exam too, and I really, really hate maths. I can't do it at all. So, I have to sit through 3 maths tests tomorrow, one with a calculator, one without and a mental maths thing.

I've tried revising, but I've sat here... looked at fractions, decimals and everything like that and I can't even understand it. The thing is, I can do it in lessons and stuff, but then I forget it in like, half an hour or something stupid like that. It doesn't stick. I can do the simple things like addition and subtraction, but I can't divide things, and I don't know a lot of my times tables, or how to put fractions into decimals and percentages.
The worst thing is, I need at least a C to get into collage/sixth form, and at the moment I'm on a really, really low D.

I know it's only a mock exam, so it doesn't really count towards anything, except this time, whatever we get in it is going down on our "Predicted Grades" which get sent out to collages. So if I get like, an E or something, which I'm really hoping I won't, they might turn around to me and say:

"Sorry, you need at least a C to attend our collage/sixth form."

And I really don't want to re-sit it, because re-sits are the worst.

I had a mock English GCSE today too. It was two hours long, but luckily for me I had to write a descriptive piece about a first day back at school, and a short story based on either one of four titles or themes they gave you.
I chose to do my short story about the title "A Knock on the Door" . I did it about a fifteen year old boy getting a knock on his bedroom door. It was a soldier who who came to tell him and his Mum that his dad had died after stepping on an anti-tank mine in Afghanistan. My handwriting was pretty atrocious though, because I was running out of time and I had to get it finished. D:

Also, some stupid idiot kept making irritating noises in the last half an hour. He got kicked out though and the moderator tore his paper up. Serves him right I guess.

Gaah, I hate mock exam weeks. They're so stupid, especially when they're going to last three whole hours and they're not even worth anything. Not really.

... I've just noticed that I've ranted on about exams. D:

Sorry. (:
December 7th, 2009 at 10:15pm