To Young

I am angry when people say your only fourteen. It doesn't matter how old you are. You can be the smartest person in the world but if your 14 nobody will listen to you. I hate it when you don't know all the rules so when you make a mistake they bite you hard. How was I to know? I'm fourteen yes I get it. That doesn't mean I don't understand love. That doesn't mean I don't understand life. I admit I'm rather mature for my age. In my family I'm the grown up. I have to keep my older sister out of trouble which is hard to do because she's at college now. I have to be the better person and not stoop to my brothers level. They may be older in years but I am older in maturity. I'm human I make mistakes. We all do. My parents have said to me before and I quote 'What do you know, your only fourteen'. That is not right.

I am fourteen and I have seen death. I have seen life. I have seen the ocean. I have seen the mountains. I have seen the valleys. I have seen the snowstorms. I have seen the tornado tear up a town. I have seen the lightning strike twice in the same spot. I have seen the prairies. I have seen the meadows. I have seen the forests. I have seen the jungles. I have seen the desert. They tell me I am to young, well, then I tell them they are to old.
December 10th, 2009 at 05:36am