Randomly Placed Cliffhangers

Don't you hate those.
That's like reading a story and in the middle it goes something like this.

-She forced her sword deeply into his side moving on, her next opponent with fire and anger fueling her every movement...
The end

Annoying isn't it. It leaves with this WTF feeling inside. Which now brings me to my point. I bought Assassin's Creed 2 a few days ago and I was beyond excited to figure out what was going to happen since the first one ended with something rather...odd. It wasn't exactly an ending. You woke up from the Animus and saw all these markings and such that Subject 16 left for you explaining something....and that was it. Not like you could really read any of them or make sense of it but yeah...it was there.

So AC2 actually gave an ending but the ending left you feeling....slightly pissed, mostly confused, and an urge to search the internet for answers. You walked into a room and meet the goddess Minerva. She explained life and things that occurred in earlier years and slightly explained that the bible is mostly lies or something like that. But she's not really talking to the character, she's talking to another character through you. The crazy thing is, the person you're playing with has no idea what she's talking about the entire time and she just leaves without really addressing him. We can proudly say the rest of his life, he will wonder what the fuck she was talking about and who the fuck is Desmond. So that was the ending. It's hard to explain so i will leave a link to a video of it.
But yeah, i hate endings like that. I loved the game and I want to play the 3rd one....like now...but that was uncalled for.
So did anyone else feel lost when they finished it?
Do you plan of playing it?
How do you feel about Assassin's Creed?

link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovb4Qi91Nck
December 14th, 2009 at 09:10am