Just really need somewhere to vent [Hello again Mibba. Hate that we're meeting on these terms]

... well actually I still hang around a bit, comment where I think my opinion is least wanted. It's good times.

But right now I really just need to vent. And this is where I usually do it. There's something satisfying about the thought that someone might read it.

Right so about a month ago I started to try and organise for me and two of my friends to go and see Wicked, because there's no way of knowing yet how long it'll be playing for I really want to see it at least twice (three times if I can manage it) before it does end.

One of my friends, my supposed best friend actually was completely on board, just as excited as me and looking forward to it. I asked her which ticket price was best and she said she was fine to pay up to $120, which depending on what time you go and see can get you the best seating.

My other friend did too. That was great, because last time I went I had good seats, but not great seats, and since I need a new contacts prescription, it would have been nicer to be a little closer.

Anyway, a bit over week ago I emailed them with a day and time and ticket price asking if that was ok. The second friend (we'll call her T, the other one, my 'best' friend can be M) T replied almost straight away saying that it sounded great and she couldn't wait.

I heard nothing from M. A day later we were messaging and I said I sent an email about it and could she read it and get back to me, she never replied to that message.

When I saw her a few days later I said 'check your email because I want to book the Wicked tickets soon' and she said 'yeah sure, I will' still nothing.

On friday I brought it up again with her, saying that I wanted to book them on saturday (because I'd been checking the seats were already getting further and further back) and she said she'd asked her mum on Saturday (I don't know why, she's same as me, paying for it herself and everything, but whatever) and get back to me.

Saturday morning she messaged me saying she didn't get a chance to ask her mum but would ask that night. I never got anything back. On Sunday I sent her a message asking if she knew anything yet. Got nothing back.

Today, I messaged her this morning saying I was going to move the date a week back for better tickets and that I was getting them tonight, if I didn't have a definite answer from her I wasn't buying her one. I'm not spending $120 on a 'maybe' and end up with a pricey ticket and no one to give it to.

She replied saying she understood and she'd find out from her mum at about 3.

It's 8 pm now. I sent her a message an hour ago. And just called her.

she hung up on me

I'm beyond pissed off. She answered the phone. I heard something for a moment then nothing. It's been about 15 minutes (since I started typing this journal I should add, it's about 8.15 now) and she hasn't tried to call back, message me or anything.

I just cannot believe she actually had the audacity to freaking hang up on me. For fuck's sake she could have at least let it go to message bank.

I'm not playing the nice one this time. I'm not going to sit back and be ok with this. You just don't treat your friends this way. You don't.

She should know me so much better to know that if some circumstance recently had happened that means she can't come, or can't pay or something that she can tell me and I won't care. Honesty is better than mucking around giving me um's and ah's and maybe's and no straight answers. Because that is pissing me off and I don't deserve to put up with it.

So I'm not.

I just... I'm so angry that she actually hung up on me. If it was an accident she would have called back, I know she would have. And since she hasn't, I know this absolutely wasn't an accident and I just... I don't know... I don't want to deal with it. If there's crap going on she doesn't want tot ell me about she could at least say 'A lot of stuff's happening' or something. I don't know.

Just don't want to deal with this.

p.s Go and read The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It's so amazing I don't have words (probably because I just wasted them all ranting)
December 14th, 2009 at 10:18am