Burning Bridges

Cause I burned
Every bridge I ever built
When you were here…

These lyrics of Paramore’s song that’s what you get really mean something to me. Lately I have been getting away from God and leaning more towards the world. But today that changes. When you’re a new Christian you and God have an unbreakable bond. There is a bridge built between you that is the cross. But lately it feels like I have burned that bridge and have taken a detour. And when I realized what I had done, I instantly looked for that bridge, but it had to be at the bottom of the ocean by now, beneath the cold black waves.
But God has a way of revealing things to us that we just have to hear. The cross is an unbreakable bridge. Sure, I got off of it, but that doesn’t mean it’s not still there. The cross is always there, just like God. All I have to do is look for him and he promises that I’ll find him. ALWAYS. So now I’m trying to get back to the bridge I was on. We all take detours in life, that’s a fact. But it’s never too late to turn back. You’re never in a hole deep enough that God can’t lift you out. So my advice, get right with God and you’ll have a firm, unbreakable bridge to build your life on.
December 18th, 2009 at 06:58pm