An outlook on a rather colourless world.

As of March, my ideas of what it means to be alive have been completely shattered. I find myself questioning the meaning to everything almost constantly. I see no colour in a world filled with crisp, vibrant images. Blue skies, graceful birds, gentle winds. All of this people take for granted. I may not be able to feel the sensations these things bring, but I've found a new appreciation for everything on Earth. Things don't feel real to me anymore, but at the same time I have the ability to appreciate the world around me, what many of us cannot seem to do. I take time out of my day to admire everything. Leaves gently floating down from trees above, every rain drop descending from each different shade of cloud, all of these things that people are aware of, yet never take the time to fully understand.

I'm becoming increasingly interested in theories about what happens after death. This one theory that I've never heard before hit home for me. It's not something that many people could believe in, as it seems a bit far fetched, but it brightens my mood when I think of it. It's called the Quantum Mechanics Theory. I was reading an article about how they've proved the brain can see into the future - if not only by a few seconds. The example was to look down at your foot, lift up your foot, and stomp it to the ground. It's impossible for your body to send signals to your brain the millisecond we feel it, so that being the example, the brain can see at least a few seconds into the future.

Now comes the next part of what I read. Quantum Mechanics shows that there are parallel realities in which certain things occur, and they're all intertwined. For example, if you're hit by a car and die, there has to be a state where your not dead and maybe you broke your legs. The second you're hit by a car, your mind will switch over to this other 'state', where it'll be as if you never died, but in the other reality, you did die.

It's all a very confusing topic, and you'd have to read more about it in order to have the same thoughts as I do, bit it basically means the ability to live forever in your own reality. Now, people have brought up questions about an inevitable death such as jumping off a 50 story building or something such as this, but I haven't read far enough into it to see the replies.

Being somebody without a true religion, this fascinates me. I imagine that people with a religion would find this theory to be ridiculous, as well as a large number of other people, but it gives me something to think about.
December 19th, 2009 at 11:00am