Lillie's Book

Lillie's Book

Ello! My name is Mixie Aliana Baker. Many of you have either read the stories posted on her
by my bestest buddies and I, or have known Ari and Ali from Quizilla. And you have probably heard a little about me along the way if the second option is your case. Like that I'm crazy, hyper, childish, random, etc.

But that is not the case for this Journal... thing. My friend Lillie St. James was diagnosed with Bone Marrow Cancer about six weeks ago, and unfortunately will be checking into the hospital on her birthday, January 3rd of 2010. She will be sixteen, and according to all of the experts and doctors she's seen, that will be her last birthday. Now most people would assume she would find a Marrow donor, and bam! problem solved. I wish. Lillie is allergic to the chemicals in most pain killers and in all anesthesia's, meaning she is unable to go through the process of a Marrow transplant.

I want to give her a book thingie of one-shots for her birthday, and my goal was to have 1,394 [cause her birthday is 1.3.94] but as of today we are only at 597, and I have to send all the one shots to the publisher by December 29th, in order for the book to be published on time to give to Lillie on her actual birthday. And if I'm posting this on December 20th, you can see my dilemma.

So I am creating a contest. Now, every single one-shot eneterd will be used in the book, and you will all get credit for your work, I promise. But despite my lack of time, I do have guidelines. And I'll list them in a minute. But, I am asking for help. If you don't want to help, or you don't want the one-shot to be in a book that only Lillie will really see [it isn't getting published like to a book store, so no legal work or whatever] then don't enter. Other than that, read the following rules, please pertain to them, and I thakn you for helping out. You are an amazing person for it.

Deadline: January 10th, 2010 {{DEAD LINE HAS BEEN CHANGED. LILLIE WAS ADMITTED THE NIGHT OF DECEMBER 22, 2009. SHE IS CURRENTLY IN A CHEMICALLY INDUCED COMA UNTIL JANUARY 15, 2010}}

Rules, Guidelines, and Restrictions:
1. If you have Microsoft Office or Microsoft Works Word Processer, please use those programs. Any Microsoft [PC] computer comes with Microsoft Works, you just click your start menu button (the one at the bottom left corner) and type in 'Microsoft Works Word Processer' in the 'search' bar, and use that. If you don't and you usually use the draft area of Mibba, than I understand.

2. You must have a minimun of 2,000 words. If you have like, 1,890 that it's fine, but please no less than that. As of now, there is a maximum as well: 4,000. Basically, this is about the amount of words you would be able to fit in either two to four pages on a word document, using size 11 of Times New Roman or Calibri.

3. Use your best grammar and spelling. I will be editing them just in case, so a few mistakes are fine. But please try and pertain to the rules and guidleines of the English Language. It will cause less stress to me, and it's just makes your writing better.

4. I know it might be a pain but you need to do two things for your submission to count: post it as a one-shot here on Mibba, and email it to me. When you are done, you need to send me a message, titled 'Lillie's Book' and give me the link to your posted one-shot, and I will then give you the email in which to send it to.

4a. When you post it, post it on a layout, custom or premade, that has BLACK text. Not white or orange or grey, but BLACK. It just makes everyone's life easier, more specifically, MINE.

5. Keep your swearing down to a minimum. Once and a while, that's fine, but not every paragraph. It's both vulgar and annoying.

6. Below is a list of topics. You may only use those topics unless I give you permssion to use another one. I'm only putting in one-shots about people Lillie likes. You need to message me about which topic you're witing about. Please title the message 'My Topic'. Message me if you have questions about the people.

Topics:
1. Leland Chapman
-He's from the A&E reality series 'Dog the Bounty Hunter'. Leland is Dog Chpaman's third son. You can watch episodes online at aetv.com/dogthebountyhunter

2. Any member of Avenged Sevenfold
-That means: M.Shadows, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengeance, Johnny Christ, and The Rev

3. Jack Mercer from the movie Four Brothers
-He's played by Garrett Hedlund. The movie is rated R. So don't watch it if you rents say no kiddies

4. Justin Bihag
-He's the nephew of Dog the Bounty Hunter. He was in the first season, and in a recent episode, helping out while 'Baby' Lyssa is on maternity leave.

5. Garrett Hedlund
-He's an actor. He played Jack Mercer in Four Brothers, Murtagh in Eragon, Harlan in Georgia Rule, and a few more.

6. Criag Mabbit
-Currently lead singer of Escape the Fate

7. Josh Farro
-Lead guitarist of Paramore

8. Jacoby Shaddix
-Lead Singer of Papa Roach

9. Taylore Lautner
-Plays Jacob Black in the Twilight movies

Entries
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.

---Anyone can enter! I'll add more entry spots as people enter. Also: you can enter as many one shots as your little heart desires! It just betters your chances of winning*---

Prizes:
First Place-
-Links to six of your stories on our profile [you choose the stories], links to three of your stories of your choice in our signature, and a comment and subscription to all of your stories.

Second Place-
-Links to four of your stories of your choice on our profile, links to two of your stories in our signature, and a comment for all of your stories

Third Place-
-Links for two of your stories of your choice on our profile, link to one of your stories of your choice in our signature, and a comment on one of your stories

*You can only have one of your one-shots win.

Thank you so much!

Much love and thanks,
Mixie Aliana Baker
December 20th, 2009 at 10:16pm