Super Funny AFI quotes!

Jade:
"The whole time we were recording, we were trying to get permission from Winona Ryder to use her "My whole life is a dark room" part from Beetlejuice but we never heard from her so we said fuck it, we'll use our own spooky dark-haired girl and called in Davey."

Randoms question:
Does Davey really say "scuking" in "Death of Seasons
Answer:
No. He says "fucking." It was changed to "scuking" (more recently "****ing") in the "STS" booklet, presumably to avoid a parental advisory sticker on Sing the Sorrow's classy black cover.

Jade:
Sorry To Burst Your Bubble...

but Davey is not gay. Or bi. Get over it. Just because your friend heard he was gay or you read it on some message board doesn't make it so. However, since I've made posts like this repeatedly over the years and people still refuse to believe he's not gay, I guess we'll have to keep hearing about it ad infinitum. I say we talk about Fritch. Or Smith. They're DEFINITELY gay, I caught them holding hands and plus they went to the prom together.

Also, my friend heard YOU were gay.

Hunter
everytime i have to fill up my car, i place an evil curse on george w. bush...that bastard"

Jade
Hitler was just misunderstood"

Jade
I got up at 6:30 a.m. I heard this hour existed but didn't really believe it til now

FAN (during song): I love you Davey!
DAVEY (stops singing and smiles): Someone wants to fuck me. (Continues song.)

(Jade begins poking Hunter.)
Hunter: What are you doing?!
Jade: I got tired of poking Adam, so now I’m poking you.

Jade: We don't encourage our fans to send us dead things.
Davey: or alive things

INTERVIEWER: If you were stranded on a desert island, what one album would you want with you?
Jade: I'd build a lifeboat out of sand.
Davey: [looking confused] What?!

Interviewer: Isn't it weird to think your faces are on a lot of bedroom walls?
Davey: We don't think of ourselves in those terms. It may be true but it's hard to think of ourselves in those terms.
Hunter: I have a poster of Adam on my bedroom wall
Davey: We all have posters of Adam.

Davey: Yeah, they'll listen to it, and if it says something crazy, they'll say, "Oh, we can't play this. This is too much for the people to handle." There are some exceptions to the rule. There are bands like Tool, or Smashing Pumpkins. Rage Against the Machine. Nine Inch Nails. What other bands have valid things to say?
Adam: Slipknot.
Davey: Slipknot??? I don't know what the hell they're saying!
Adam: They want to take over the world.

Davey: I like French Crullers. There's adonut they make in this donut shop in Ukiah, it's called the "Chocolate Fuck You" or the "Fuck You I'm Chocolate" or something. You know what I'm talking about Adam? It's this big chocolate bar.
Adam: Uh, no.
Davey: What's wrong with you?!

Jade: People that like Ricky Martin are going to see our Latin song titles and be like, "Yeah, I'll buy this."
Hunter: That and Dave's pants
Davey: Yeah, Ricky Martin's got nothing on my pants.

Interviewer: What’s your spiritual background or religion?
Davey: I’m God.
Hunter: He follows him.(points at Jade) I’m atheist.
Interviewer: Oh my god, you don’t believe Davey exists?
Hunter: No.
Davey: I always go up to him, and I’m like, “Fucking Hunter ... what’s up?”
Hunter: I have a picture of the one god that I do put all my faith in, right here. (He pulls out his wallet and shows a picture.) His name is Molo, and he’s the god of moles.
Interviewer: I’m just asking, because I see how all your stuff has 666 and stuff like that. I’m not saying you’re Satanic, I’m just wondering where that came from.
Hunter: My phone number. I didn’t want to give it all away...
Interviwer: So I’m not going to get enlightened, am I?
Davey: You can if you believe in me.
Interviewer: I do believe in God, and I didn’t know I was going to meet him tonight.
Davey: Just welcome me into your heart.
Jade: The Lord has mysterious hair.
Davey: The Lord has mysterious fashion sense.

Davey: My ideal girl should be smart, drug free, and hot. People say it’s not important, but it is...oh and she can't hate me either

Davey: A girl in Salt Lake once asked me 'Why are you wearing make-up, are you a fag?'
I then said 'Well, if I'm a fag for wearing make-up, you must be a dyke in blue jeans.'
I also informed her that she was just angry because I was prettier than she was.

Jadedavey doesnt watch the damn road when hes driving. im sure if we crashed
he would be fine and i would be imbedded in a tree. if he kills me with his driving, I'm going to come back as a squirrel and run up his pant leg

Jade
I cut alot of high school and didn't go and dropped out when I was 16, but I went to college so its ok

Jade
Can't the lemons and pancakes just get along?

Jade
I saw Billy Idol about 6 years ago getting out of limo and I yelled "Billy Idol!!" at him, in case maybe he forgot. He gave me a thumbs up.

Hunter
Why? Why on this hottest of hot and humidest of humid days would I want a cup of hot coffee?! No idea. Sorry, I just lost my mind.

Hunter
Q: I just wanted to know, did you guys have a nightmare before Christmas?
Hunter: Yes! I had a nightmare where we were on this band bus on tour. I had been sleeping and I was woken up because ahead of us in the distance there was some sort of giant explosion and the ground was rippling and there was a wave of earth coming towards us and we were all going to die.

Image

Random Fan: You have the only job in the world where people line up to hug you.
Davey: Well, me and the Pope.
Random: Are you crazy? You can't hug the pope. He's inside the bubble.
Davey: Are you sure you can't hug the Pope? Hey, everyone, does anyone know if you're allowed to hug the Pope?

Davey
Beyonce smiled at me, though not because she knew who I was or anything, but because I looked a bit creepy. It was nice though, because she’s so pretty.

Davey: Yeah, the band is fighting each other while they're playing, and there's flames, like these kind of, what do they call them
Jade: Firecracker...
Davey: The thing that shoots the lightning
Jade: Clouds

Jade
I'm a vegetarian but not because i love animals but because i hate plants.

Interviewer: I was wondering if you and Davey ever fought over a mirror backstage or something, and if so who won? And who has used the most makeup on one single nite?
Jade: Actually, yes, that happens all the time. Finally, I was like, "That's it! It's time to settle this make-up contest once and for all, I challenge you to a make-out!" Wrong choice of words.

Q: What are the most embarrassing things to happen onstage?
Adam: Napalm sweat dripped into my eye once and blinded me for half the set. I also poked myself in the eye with my drumstick.
Jade: In Boise on the Rancid tour I went to run up the wall and jump off it but my foot went straight through instead and my leg was buried in the wall up to my knee.
Adam: That was great!
Jade: I tried to play a blazing solo to take people’s minds off it but I don’t think it worked…
Adam: Worked for me.

Jade:
"Even when I go see one of my favorite bands I start to get bored/tired/over it after an hour and a half. If they said, "Guess what! We'll be playing for 2 hours tonight!!", you'd see a Jade-shaped hole in the front door

Jade:
"Let's totally be best friends. We can walk down the street with our guitars and I'll say, "Hey chicks!! Check us out, we're rad!!!" and when all these hot chicks start checking us out, we can blaze off some totally sweet solos and then you'll be all, "Hey chicks, you wanna hang with us?" and they'll be like "Hella!!" and the we'll both be like, "Ok, cool......psyche!!!!" and then we'll high five while shredding on our axes."

Jade
Davey tries to pick up my guitar sometimes, but I have to snatch it out of his hands before he causes any damage. He plays a couple of atonal parts that quickly get left in the fuckin' garbage can

Image

Davey
I have a bite of your hamburger? Just don't tell the vegans. . .

Davey
One time I was singing along with a boy that looked like me in the crowd, and he pushed away the mic and started making out with me and accidently bit my lip, and I had to go get stitches

Davey
hello, thats my crappy vegan birthday cake

Davey
If you're gonna come up here and sing with me, don't sing the wrong words in my ear because that really fucks me up

Q-You’re pretty sun-phobic, have you ever lost it from the heat?
Davey:During the last Warped Tour, in Houston, I started hallucinating onstage, it was so hot. I would move from one side of the stage to the other and not realize how I got there. There was a small piece of shade near the drum riser, but as the set progressed it got smaller and smaller. Finally I thought, “Maybe I can crawl underneath the drum riser itself.” I had to be out of my mind-it was only a couple feet above the ground. I wasn’t even considering how fucking stupid I’d look

Davey:
Bees are actually kind of cute...unless they're stinging you.

Jade:
Je suis une pamplmousse. DONNER-MOI TOUT LES CROISSANTS!
I am a grapefruit. GIMMIE ALL YOUR CROISSANTS!

Smith: Shut up!
Jade: Shut up!
Smith: I'm a dumb uglyhead.
[b[Jade:
You're a dumb uglyhead.

Jade
Ninjas ARE TOTALLY SWEET, what with all the guitar solos and flipping out and totally chopping people’s heads off

Jade
We'll come around Montreal but we won't actually come into the city. I doubt we'll go beyond just lurking in the bushes on the outskirts of town. I don't think the Montrealites have recovered from my yelling, "I am a grapefruit! Give me all your croissants!!" in French in the supermarket last time I was there.

Jade
Jeebus! Those are great things to receive! I'd be freakin' stoked to get a lovely juice box!! Try getting a walnut. I got a damn walnut one time and it sucked. Totally. And I said, "Hey, this damn walnut totally sucks.

Jade
I remember Adam gave me this crappy piece of binder paper with a list of all these songs for me to learn, and some had checks by them, some had stars, some were underlined but I already knew how to play them so I threw that damn crappy crap-arse piece of dumb binder paper in the damn garbage.

Jade
I love your duck with all its ducky goodness.

Jade
God, remember Tab cola? It was so nasty, possibly the worst soft drink ever, even worse than Crystal Pepsi. I'll always think of Tab as the beverage of choice for child molesters because I knew this creepy old man who drank it and he must have been a child molester because all old people are child molesters.

Davey
Oh shit, I lost a ring. I sure hope it's in my pocket. This motherfuckin ring... ok, I had one and it broke in half and I got another one, and now it disappeared. Continue your interview, I'm hoping it's in my pocket.

Q- Davey, how do you respond to the rumors that you are a homosexual?
Davey:"How should I respond? Ecstatically?"

Random guy: oh man Davey that show kicked so much ass!
Davey: thank you very much.
Random guy: no problem! but why didn’t you play any misfits covers I really wanted to hear some of them!
Davey: uhhh 'cause we're not the misfits

Davey
Rabbits. You know bunnies. If you don't look out for them, the little bastards sneak up on you and bite you and shit.

Davey
This barricade is a piece of shit. I could build better. Yeah, yeah, believe it or not, the kid with the lipstick knows how to build stuff…

Davey
We all cry alone in the dark sometimes. The ones who don't are the ones to fear.

Davey
Being an AFI fan means, LIKING THE FUCKING BAND.

Fan: Hey Davey!!!
Davey: Hello! What can I do for you today sir?
Fan: *deer in headlights* Can you sign the palm of my hand?
Davey: ....Sure? What for?
Fan: After this, I'm going to get it tattooed! That way I can smack people on the forehead and say "You've been healed by Davey!!"
Davey: I'm sorry I can't allow you're utter stupidity to cross these boundaries any further.

Jade
You're Sweet. Sweet like an orange creame sugar bunny. I just made that up. Sugarbunny. I like that. Anyway, I do appreciate all the good thoughts you are sending my way. I'm sure they will help.

Jade
So what's the speed of dark anyway?

Jade
An exclamation mark makes everything I say more exciting!

Jade
I was sitting here without a shirt on, absentmindedly scratching my back with a pen for about five minutes and I just looked in the mirror and saw that I had drawn a nice mural on my back. It looks kind of like a map of Wyoming, with all the rivers and mountain ranges, or maybe a portrait of Bob Marley. Yes. Tablature.

Question:
Hey jade i dont know if ya read my last post but i swear to god im your long lost son.I think you knocked up my mom or something.But it is great to look like you you guys kick so much ass.your music has inspired me and brought me out of the hardest times in my life for which i am thankful.
Jade: I definitely knocked up your mom so maybe you are. Sorry I was never there for you, son.

Davey:
(pointing at the sun) sorry about that big hot thing, it wasn't our decision.

Jade:
I'll just come to your house and we
can listen to AFI cds in your room.
It's almost as good as a concert...

Jade:
I can see the problem right away. DON'T SUCK! Ceace the sucking immediatly. If you decide not to suck you'll be totally shredding all these major solos and all the chicks will be checking you out, and all the guys will be hella jealous of your whammy bar

Jade: Perhaps you could call your cat Meow so it could say its own name. Or how about Stupid Cat Get Out Of Here. That would really confuse it if you tried to call it over to you.

Adam:
We once left Hunter at a gas station in the middle of the night in Belgium or someplace like that. We had stopped at a rest stop and everyone got off the bus to buy crappy gas station food and i guess he got off bus and was on the phone. We all come out of the store and got on the bus and drove away. Twenty minuts laterit was like, "Where's Hunter?" Since no one in the crew plays bass we turned around, drove back and he was still on the phone and didn't even know we had left.

Jade:
Hmm, maybe instead of jumping off the drum riser you could just step carefully down of of it but make a crazy I'm-going-off-really-hard face while you're doing it so people think you're doing some insane stage move

Davey:
Please excuse me if I seem to be throwing a tantrum , but I can't get a microphone that Fucken Works.

In other news, Smith got hit by a car last night in LA. He was running across Sunset and a truck hit him. Luckilly this is Smith we're talking about, so at the last second he kinda hopped up and turned his body so it hit him in the butt/back (buttback?) and launched him up in the air and he landed in a roll. Anyone else have probably been killed. Then the guy tried to drive off and Smith ran down the street after him. Everything turned out ok though, I saw Smith today and he was just a little sore, said he flet like he got hit by a car.

p.s we're playing Bamboozle too.

p.p.s this is Jade

p.p.p.s from the band

Jade:
A Fire Inside to me means these 3 other guys who dronk all the soy milk backstage before i get a damn drop of of it
Image
Interviewer: Do you prefer cuddling or spooning
Adam: If you mean cuddling puppies and spooning ice cream into my mouth I'd have to call it a tie.

Davey:
It let's you ask the question 'Is it okay that there is, in this giant store which boasts having everything a road soldier may need, an entire aisle dedicated to beef jerky yet no safety pins?

Jade:
Paris Hilton was also there recording her album next door. I heard some strange sounds from over there, but I'm not sure it was music

Jade:
(in the middle of talking about the new album)-"I like your jacket it reminds me of toast and butter.

First Take
Fuse: Steven's Untitled Rock Show
Davey: Hi I'm Davey
Jade: Jade
Adam: My name's Adam.
Hunter: And I'm Steven.

Second Take:
Hunter: Welcome back to AFI's Untitled Rock Show. I'm Hunter.
Adam: I'm Adam
Davey: I'm Davey.
Jade: And I'm Steven.

Hunter:
Favorite Game:
Hungry Hungry Hippos

"These fuckers haven't eaten in a while, and now they're beyond hungry...they've reached the critical 'hungry hungry' state. In order to ensure the survival of these colorful beasts, one must feed the famished hippopotomi the white plastic balls they desperately crave.'

Question: If you could only eat one food for your whole life, what would it be?
Hunter: I guess a really, really, really big sandwich.

Interviewer: Best pick up line you've ever used or had used on you?
Jade: Will you have sex with me? No? Okay, rape it is!

jade:
If your songs are already great then you don't need much help. My advice is to cram as many solos as possible into every part of every song, unless you're the singer or drummer or bass player, in which case my advice is to learn how to play guitar.

Jade:We should start some type of gang/army of people who have my hair cut. I think there is a lot of them. We should have a good name though. Also we should always wear t-shirts with a picture of Rick Moranis on it

If our gang was called the Army Of Awesome, our initials would be AOA and we could use that as our battle cry. AOA! AOOAAA!!!! Sounds kinda Hawaiian

Jade:
Sometimes Davey just curls up like a misshapen aborted fetus angel that was just hit by a Mac truck and I don't know how he does it.

Jade:
Well, I was named after Mick Jagger's daughter, Jade Jagger. How emasculating is it to be named after a girl! But I think I handled it well, it's not like I ended up wearing makeup and girl's pants.

Jade:
"Hmm, maybe instead of jumping off the drum riser you could just step carefully down of of it but make a crazy 'I'm-going-off-really-hard' face while you're doing it so people think you're doing some insane stage move.

Jade:
Upon further review, I've realized that my last post was neither interesting or informative in any way. Here's what's REALLY going on: We're getting super radly awesome close to being done. We finally finished backing vocals and the came out totally 100% neat. I made plenty of super cool faces while I was singing, like this one where I had my eyes all clenched tight and then I hit this high note and looked up to the sky and slowly raised my fist like Whitney Houston in "I Will Always Love You". Another time, I ate all the cheese bagels and Adam was mad. In other news, we had a photo shoot today for the album artwork in this old abandoned building. Here's what happened to me there: I stepped on a dead mouse, sat in a stinky pigeon nest, and set my glasses down in crack head puke

Hunter:
No look, I'll just sign your shirt with this cool pen I have right here. Oh crap, my cool pen ran out. Guess it's not so cool, eh

Davey:
I can type like the wind, and believe me, the wind types really fast!

Davey:
At the time we were really into skating, and skating and punk rock and hardcore go hand in hand so--THERE'S A HORSE! There's a horse, and a little dog, and a woman in a hat!

Person: Are you planning on getting into your birthday-suit later tonight?
Hunter: I'm actually already wearing it under my clothes.

Adam:
We played a show at Gilman St. in '93 or '94 and some girl hit me right in the stomach with a full can of Pepsi. I watched her wind up from like five feet away and just fire it at me. I could believe it. I almost stopped playing and choked her. If it was a Coke I might have drank it

Fan to Adam: Will you marry me?
Davey: You better say no, you're mine
Adam: Er...If I say anything Davey will get mad at me, so... very flattered"

Davey:[/b
Have you ever had that itch? An itch under your skin down on your wrist. It's an itch only a razorblade can scratch.

Davey:
I'm Davey and I sing, make faces, and swing from trees

Davey: Who are all you people, and what did you do with the empty space that's usually here to see us

Jade: So things are going just swell; we eat bagels, we play songs, we take our shirts off and wrestle

Jade: Ever had those little gummi pizzas? N-a-s-t-y.

Smith: Is that your breakfast?
Jade: Yeah, i'm on an all nerds diet

YouTube.com (Nardwuar v. AFI)

N-What is it like playing big gigs Davey? Do you like the fans at the big gigs?
D- I really like the big gig we just played at, it was fantastic.
N- Do you really really like it? And do you really really like the fans Davey?
Because I have this quote from the AFI message board about the (some)
gig.
D- *starts laughing
N- "I grabbed Davey's balls when he climbed into the crowd, I kinda feel bad
about it but, that was cool."
D- No, it’s not cool to grab Davey’s balls and that’s been happening at all
sorts of different levels of size of venues. So, that is not exclusive to big
crowds, the ball grabbing.
N- Jade, is there any way to protect Danny’s balls? Oh, sorry, Davey’s balls?
When he jumps in the audiences?
J- I think Donnie’s balls can be protected by perhaps a plastic cup or we
could protect Darby’s balls with maybe, some kind of chastity belt device.
N- If she felt your balls, you must have pretty big balls then Davey?
D- You assume that it’s a she?

Image

Fan: I'm not trying to be creepy or anything but your base playing inspired me to start playing base.
Hunter: Thats not creepy, it would be creepy if you said my base playing made you want to molest small childeren or something like that.

Hunter:
(When asked what he was reading) I'm reading a magazine. I just learned how to read so this is very exciting for me.

Jade:
Hackey-bag-foot-sack always confused me. I could never figure out what the score was or who was winning, so I'd always get mad and end up kicking it into the lake.

Jade: Awwwww, man!!! Shit! I just dropped my favourite eyeliner!
Jade: I just dropped my favorite earplugs on the floor, too.
Interviewer: You have favorites?
Jade: Yeah, I just started using them like an hour ago, and I really liked them, so now they're my favorites.

Woman: "do you want to be left alone."
Davey: "not by you. by you (points to camera), because i'm gonna get naked, and that costs extra.

Smith:
Welcome to Narnia-I mean love like winter day two

Interveiwer: what is the cruelest joke you've ever made?
Jade:[pointing to paper] 'cruelest' is spelt wrong there.
Jade: I'm six times state spelling bee champion,I'm totally right.Unless you're using crazy English spelling.Anyway,maybe not the cruellest,but one of the best pranks we ever did was at this show where there was a curtain over the backstage entrance instead of a door.We hung up this slice of pizza at face height,then put a bowl of cereal and two doughnuts on the ground,so that when someone came in they'd get a face full of pizza,then step into the stuff on the floor and have a pair of weird food shoes.

Davey: I am Davey Havok
Jade: And I am Jade
Davey: And we are the band of the day, today...The best band of the day...Cos we're it.
Jade: I think we're actually the artists of the day.
Davey: Are we?

Davey:
Tea makes you piss like a pregnant racehorse on crack with aids.
Aids has nothing to do with that, but I felt like adding it.
It can also give you kidney stones, apparently.
Tea, not aids.

Davey: "Hunter just threw a shoe at me."
Jade: *looks up from a book he's reading* "Good for Hunter." *goes back to reading*
Hunter: "Davey has marijuana under his bed."
Jade: *looks up* "Good for Davey." *goes back to reading*


Jade: "Davey, look outside."
Davey: "Uhh.."
Jade: "The moon is white."
Davey: "Isn't it always like that?"
Jade: "..I've been lied to my whole life."
December 22nd, 2009 at 04:41am