Wanna Sing With Me? (lyric 4)

My celebrating began yesterday. Kind of. So these past few days I have been doing a HUGE load of baking. I made two batches of brownies (I can't stop eating them). Some sort of chocolaty (I used spell check for that word) pecan caramel thingies which do not have a name yet taste delicious; and some cookies for Santa!

I may not have been expecting anything from Santa, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop leaving out milk and cookies :] I didn't get anything from him this year, but I don't think I can ever stop believing in Santa. Even if I'm an old lady, a small part of me will always believe in him.

Right so my family and I went to my grandma's house last night because it's what we always do. Some of my other aunts and uncles and cousins are there too. Around Christmas, we eat tamales. My mom and aunts had a tamale making session on Saturday. Tamales are a tradition around the Holiday season, especially where I'm from.

My cousins and I used to be so excited on Christmas Eve, waiting for midnight to open gifts. Now we sit back and watch my brother and niece, who are 5 and 3 years old, run around my grandparent's house waiting for midnight.

We ate and talked and generally hung out. It was fun :]

So midnight came and went, we exchanged hugs and 'Merry Christmas' with each other and eventually went back to our own homes to got to bed and wake up a few hours later.

I totally slept in this morning and didn't get up until 10 XD
By then everything had died down at my house. Please remember, I live with my mom, my dad, my brother (age 5), my sister (age 23), and my niece (age 3). By 10am my niece and sister had already gone back to bed.

Ah so this year, I received a Play-Doh burger making kit from my sister (I'm 18 years old and a vegetarian XD haha) a gift card from my dad, and some perfume slipped in somewhere. It smells excellent.

From me to them
To my sister: a pink snuggie (she couldn't believe it)
To my brother: a Nerf gun
To my niece: Pixos refills
To my dad: some DVDs
To my mom: some sort of lotion that my sister and I pitched in for

As of now, my mom has gone back to bed. There is also a turkey in the oven, and I must admit it does smell good, but I was never one for turkey.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas, and a Happy Holiday season. I hope you enjoy today.

Sharing time! How is your Christmas going so far?
:D

Everybody's talkin' 'bout gifts
But it ain't their birthday
Give first, then receive
That's the way to celebrate
Best season of the year
So happy to be here
I wish the whole wide world
Could feel this joy I feel
December 25th, 2009 at 08:31pm