Is it just me?

Recently I've been checking out the stories section, which I don't normally do because I'm not a big fan of fanfics and they're running rampant. Kind of a shame, really -- well, for me at least.

Anyways, I have found myself clicking away from the story, no matter how good it seems to be, if there isn't two spaces (two presses of the "enter" key) between each paragraph.

example:

I ran and ran, but I couldn't get away quick enough. The trees above me cast black, feathery shadows over my bone-white skin. Somewhere amongst that black and white world, I tripped, blood seeping through the new gash in my leg.
But I had to keep running.
If I didn't, he would find me.


(Ugh, I can't believe I just wrote that.)

It seems like someone's talking without taking a breath. You know those kids?

"Hi my name is Alexis and I really like you because you're so cool, like an iceberg, because ice is cold and such, not like the sun because the sun is hot and ice isn't hot, not saying that you're not hot, because if I was a guy I'm sure I'd be all over you, but I'm not a guy, I'm a girl and I don't like boobs and vaginas, I like penis. Blahblahblah."

Am I the only one like this? Who can't read stories like that? I feel bad about it, but it just doesn't look good or anything. Maybe it's my claustrophobia showing up again.

Ick.
December 28th, 2009 at 01:48am