Jimmy Sullivan.

I'm going to miss you.
You are my hero.
You are the best drummer of all time.
Most importantly, you are loved.

I love you, Jimmy Sullivan
This hurts me more than anyone will know. I never met you in person, but in your music, in these videos, in my heart I know you are a wonderful person. I'm shaking right now. I'm crying. You'll never leave my mind, Jimmy. Never. I heard the news through my friend, and I honestly didn't believe it at first. But who would when they hear that one of their biggest inspirations in life has passed? I didn't want to believe it. I just wanted to wake up to a world with a Jimmy in it. I will remember you, Jimmy.I'll remember your face. I'll remember your sense of humor. The whole world will. I don't know what to do with myself.

When I first heard you play and saw your videos, I knew that drumming was something I wanted to try. I got more serious about it, but I still haven't learned to play. I will, though. In honor of you. I'll grow up and try to the best of my ability to live in your honor as a drummer. I will never try to beat your standards, nor replace your ranking. No one can do that and they'll never be able to. You were one of a kind, Jimmy. The band and all of your fans are taking this hard. I know it wasn't your fault, I just do. You were too smart to do something like that. Know, Jimmy, that I am going to look at your music in a new way, and I'll always think of how you were such a big part of what Avenged Sevenfold has become.

I love you. Rest in Peace.

written at 12:40 Am, December 29, 2009
December 29th, 2009 at 08:27am