The Revered Tholomew Plague (R.I.P)

The most shocking news I've heard the whole year, honestly.

I wake up, eat breakfast, change my clothes and log on to Twitter to see overrated news making its way all over the world. But, as the page loaded, My mouth hung open at what was before me. R.I.P The Rev. And at that, my world pretty much came crashing down.

Honestly, I felt like my heart sank the moment I read that it was all true. And I'm pretty sure everyone else felt horrible as well.

Jimmy was an amazing drummer. No, the best drummer up till date. He was a ball of energy, and his enthusiasm towards music was the best thing about him. I looked up to him, I really did. He made everyone smile, wether through a video, an interview or in person.

He was perfection in person. His lively attitude, and not giving a f**k about what people thought of him, made him indeed very special. His incredible talents, and not to forget his values for friendship, were something I loved the most about him. He was the reason I fell in love with Drumming. Three years ago, I clicked on a random video, bored out of my head. Next thing I knew, I was looking at him creating the best beats ever and ever since then, I had one thought in my mind - I want to be just like him.

And that was what made me favor Avenged Sevenfold out of the rest. It was all Jimmy Sullivan.

Searching him up and all that Jazz, I found that I even shared a birthday with him. No matter how overrated this may seem, I personally believe I'll never be able to be happy on my Birthday every again.

What I am - and I' pretty sure most of the A7X fans are - feeling truly can not be explained in words. I said what I could, and the rest you can imagine.

But I'm somewhat happy to know he lived his life to the fullest, no matter what. An amazing person he was.

A role model. An amazing person. An image of perfection.

Jimmy 'The Rev' Sullivan will truly be missed. May you rest in piece.
December 29th, 2009 at 01:22pm