Too Weird To Live, But Much Too Rare To Die

I didn't understand why so many fans cried when Michael Jackson died; yes, he was an amazing artist, but they didn't know him...

Now I know why...

We've lost an amazingly creative, funny, quirky, and all-around kick-ass person and artist yesterday. While there are rumors of alcohol, drugs, or "natural causes" surrounding his death...none of that can tarnish the way I see...saw...Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan. Either way, he's left behind a legacy of talent and fond memories.

I can't even fathom how the Avenged guys are feeling right now because I feel like my heart has been torn from me. It's like I've lost an older brother that I've never had, for through DVDs, music, interviews, and magazines...it almost feels like I knew Jimmy personally. 28...is way too young to die....

I fear it, death...I'll admit that. With all the people who've died this year...it's...frightening to me. It's made me realize just how fucking precious life is...that in an instant...it can be taken...in an instant someone's whole world can be turned topsy-turvy.

I haven't slept. I feel nauseous. I can't stop crying. I want this to so badly be a sick joke...but I know in my heart that it's far from. I'm freaking out that the band may split...The Rev cannot be replaced and the vibe would not be the same; but I don't think Jimmy would have wanted them to stop doing what they love so dearly and I pray to any god that exists that they tough it out through this rough time.

To the man who was everyone's best friend, everyone's best man at their wedding, who was a lovable party animal, bat-shit insane, and who truly seized the day...RIP Jimmy. You will be missed so, SO much....
December 29th, 2009 at 05:47pm