Anthropologilicious.

So I'm thinking of becoming an Anthropologist. I've noticed that I really love to look at how things developed. For Example, my own writings. I was just looking at my stories list, and noticed that I did one of the very things I raged over when someone I didn't like did it. I won't say what, but it's very obvious. I think I might want to go back and change the mistakes, but I like being able to look at how my writing style has progressed. Another interesting progression is the French language in the Americas. Even though I haven't received it yet, my best friend bought me a set to learn the Cajun French language for Christmas and I'm so excited! I know a little bit already, but I want to be able to speak the dialect rampant in Southern Louisiana. As with Jews, I have a sick obsession with Southern Louisiana. An example of how French developed over the years is the verb to drive in Cajun and Standard French. In Cajun, the verb amener means to drive a car or a boat. In Standard French, it's just for boats. And Geneology is also very interesting to me. How people look in regards to their parents, what skills are passed on, things of this nature. Again, I shall use my writing as an example. Neither of my parents enjoy writing like I do. I found out not too long ago that my mother's mother and my mother's maternal grandfather both were enthusiastic writer's. My great-grandfather was a sport's writer for a newspaper in New York City. My grandmother wanted to be an English teacher. Go figure. Another grandmatriarchal trait passed to me that I only recently learned of was my Francophile nature. Dearest May was also enamored of the French language. Again, Go figure. And my last example, for I know I must be boring you, is my hair. My beautiful red hair, it seems, skips generations, much like clairvoyancy is said to. My paternal grandmother was a red head in her day, as was her paternal grandfather Hamm. More interestingly, it seems to only happen to sets of siblings and cousins. My sister Cailin is a red head to some extent, as is our maternal cousin Kelly. I'm sure if she had siblings they'd be red heads. I also have a set of cousins in Roscommon, County Roscommon, Ireland on my mom's side who are the only red heads in that branch of the family. Technically, they're my 4th cousins. But still, cousins. But Anthropology is just one of many fields I think I would accel at. Among the list include French teacher at either high school or collegic levels, English teacher at either level, Choir teacher, World history at either level, American History teacher at either level, Architecht with some brushing up on math, Interior decorator for the blind, a French interpreter, Anthropologist, Diplomat, et cetaera. Wow, I sound like a pompous wind bag. Thank you, novels written on Victorian England. Actually, I have something to say about that too, but not in this journal.
December 30th, 2009 at 01:30am