Could some one tell me what to do about that boy?

So there’s this guy and he doesn’t know how amazing he is. He’s as gorgeous as a guy can be, built and handsome, my dark knight. He loves to laugh and make me smile. My favorite part about him is that he’s not afraid to pick me up in his arms and spin me around the room. Standing by his side is like standing next to Hercules. When he holds me close I feel so safe. And his touch is like fire igniting my soul. I never want the feeling to fade.

The problem is he never believes me when I tell him that I love him. He can’t imagine anyone could ever love him. So in stead of listening to my words he believes what the world tells him. He won’t believe he’s loveable, he thinks he’s worthless. I tell him he’s perfect, but all he hears is the garbled lies the jealous tell him.

So to forget his own inner hurt he turns it outside, not aware of the damage those cuts on his wrists do to my own heart. He let’s the drugs and drinks take the memories from him and is never the man I love in those moments. I want to save this boy whose losing him self but I’m not a super girl. The best I can do is set with him on his bed and listen to his fears, and dry his tears.
I can’t save his life, I’m hoping someday he’ll save himself. Any advice?
December 30th, 2009 at 05:54am