Inside the Mind Of A Broken Teenager

I’m fifteen. I lived in the same town my whole life. Family, friends, enemies, you name it…..it’s
here. When I was little everything was nice, calm, and you felt safe. Now, in the town I lived in forever, I saw it change. No one is safe. It was a quiet Irish neighborhood where everybody knew everybody. People grew up going to the same schools generation after generation. Now the outsiders came and took what was ours. Children can no longer walk three blocks without seeing gangs of kids, sketchy people staring at you, or looking over your shoulder. The outsiders brought fear and no one goes out of their house without something to protect themselves from being jumped, hurt, raped, mugged. You see three or four kids together all the time, never less than two. That is the buddy system going to extreme levels. Knives, keys, anything to protect yourself and your friends. You worry about family and friends when it gets dark and they are walking to the corner store or home just a few blocks away. You just see the democrats come in and bring the outsiders. You just look disgusted. They don’t care, well not anymore. I am not saying the town was perfect. It had its scares, but that’s when the outsiders stood out. Now they blend right in. More crimes, more drugs, more missing people, more dead people. Families are being broken apart. I can’t explain how the details are. The bad has come and it’s crashing the party. I wish the outsiders would leave. I wish we could feel safe again. But who am I kidding? Nothing ever really heals completely. It’s to depressing to sit around in your house, when the bad is right outside the front door. Double locking doors, security systems are more hi-tech, everyone is on guard 24/7. How you can get to heaven and still protect yourself from all the evil in the world? God said to His children. "You are sheep among wolves. Be wise as serpents, yet innocent as doves."
December 30th, 2009 at 06:24am