Nearing time to hit the dusty trail and get the hell off Vancouver Island and out of BC

To be entirely honest... I really despise where I live. I'm growing to despise it even more now that the Olympics will be here in a few short weeks. It seems as though the "cool" little punk wannabe's seem to enjoy undermining me and laughing when some misfortune hits. And I know why, because in this crappy small town, even if they don't really know you... They've heard of you and think that they know you. I will admit that in my younger, wilder years I earned myself a reputation as being insane, but those times came and went over four years ago. But for some reason no one will really let it go. And what makes it an even bigger kick in the ass is that they weren't even part of this crowd that I hung with until long after I distanced myself to get my head and life in order. AND on top of it all they are influencing my 16 year old brother to treat me like dirt in order to earn their acceptance. So I'm pretty sure that come May, when my birthday rolls around I'm going to fill a backpack and head off to see where the wind takes me. I'm thinking either somewhere in Quebec(Because I'm pretty decent at speaking French) Or Toronto, I either way I want to be living in a bustling metropolis, where if the crowd pisses me off I can just go find a new one. I must say that I have terrible intra-personal skills, so moving somewhere that I can lose myself seems like a pretty nifty idea. But I definitely need to get away from BC, because if I go to Vancouver or Victoria there will still be many many people that know me, because I've been quite the wanderer since I was about 15. But anyways, Backpacking? Anyone agree that it sounds like a nifty idea?
December 30th, 2009 at 12:29pm