Happy ***in' New Year.

Let me tell you about A man, A man by the name of James Owen Sullivan, A man who when under the pseudonym Reverend Tholomew Plague, which was often shortened to, The Rev. or, to his close friends, Jimmy, whom was born on February 10, 1981 making him 28 at the time of his unfortunate, untimely, and sudden demise on the date of December 28, 2009.

I can tell you stuff he's done. But I can't tell you about him, the real Rev. I can tell you stuff like, He plays drums in a metal core band that goes by the name of Avenged Sevenfold or A7x. That he loved playing drums with everything in his body. You could tell just by listening to the passion behind every beat. And that he chased a stallion duck while yelling in a low, bar atone voice, "He's not afraid at all!!". Or that he was married to Leana Silver. He also had an miscellany of tattoos, covering his upper body. That he lived in a laundromat for six months and only washed his clothes twice. The only thing I can tell you about him, is that he seemed totally crazy and hyper and passionate for what he did, which was play the drums with his best friends in the world.

I never actually met him, only wished that I someday would. I had seen videos and interviews, all of which made me determined to meet him and the band someday. His crazy antic were crazy, right up my alley, and seemed to totally just ooze rock 'n' roll awesomeness to me, a bright-eyed kid ready to learn anything about Metal. The Rev seemed like the kind of guy you can't help but become friends with. They guys from Avenged Sevenfold did and said whatever the fuck they wanted to, and that appealed to my most inner side, the part that was all Fuck you to authority and just loved pissing people off. To me, THAT was true Rock 'n' Roll. Being yourself and doing and saying whatever the fuck you wanted, whenever you fucking wanted. That made me want to meet them even more then possible, without getting stalkerish, of course. I wasn't that desperate.

I was totally in love with A7x's sound, their vibe was insane to me. I loved their music with my heart, singing along with my iPod, even if I was on a bus and people gave me weird looks for singing, "Must have stabbed her fifty fucking times! I can't believe it. Ripped her heart out right before her eyes. Eyes over easy, Eat it, eat it, eat it!!" But I didn't care, I still don't. I'm still too into it to care. Too excited. Excited to say there's another person who can say what I've never had the balls to.

When I heard The Rev died I was shocked. I thought It was some weird practical joke that had gotten out of control. I refused to believe it. There was no way. it was too random, too sudden, no real explanation. Then I checked the band website and it all came crashing down on me. The Rev, a man who had seemed so full of life and energy had passed away suddenly, for no apparent reason. I went to sleep that night hoping this was some weird nightmare, but... I knew it wasn't. His death hit me harder then I ever would have expected....
If I'm suffering, And I've never met him, Imaging how the band is handling it. My prays are out to them.He can never be replaced. Ever. He's just too unique. Not to mention one of the best drummers of our time. Whoever replaces him, has big shoes to fill.

Now, People speculate, saying the cause of his demise was drug use, and I refuse to believe that. They make me sick. Saying he OD'ed just because he's in a rock band. What a terrible cliché. For several good reasons. But mostly, the one I believe strongly with all my soul. HE'S NOT THAT KIND OF GUY. I've never met him, and I never will, but I can tell he'd be the kind of guy who goes, "What? Drugs? Get that shit outta my face fucker!"

I will NEVER Believe he died due to anything relating to illegal drugs. You can't fucking make me.

This is all I did for new years. This is my final act for the year of 2009. Write this looong ass, boring piece o' shit. But you now what? That's it. I've finally gotten my feelings out. Out there for the entire world to see. If you wanna judge me for it. Go right a-fuckin'-head. There's not a damn thing I can do about it. I'll do what I've always done, Flick you off, and move on. Cause that's another thing that's Rock 'N' Roll, Not givin' a rat's ass about what others think or say about you.

My new years resolution is to live my life this next year, as much as I can, In memory of the Rev. I'm gonna be my craziest, and I'm gonna be totally happy, because I'll be living my life, just like The Rev. No limits, and no regrets. Ever.

Happy fuckin' New Year.
XOXO Scarlett Von Dalane.
January 1st, 2010 at 08:44am