I Won't Question Why So Many Have Died (A Celebration Of The Life Lead By James Owen Sullivan)

James Owen Sullivan A.K.A. Jimmy/The Rev/The Reverend Tholomew Plague [1981 - 2009]

Although I have only been a fan of Avenged Sevenfold for about six months, the news of Jimmy's death was just as heartbreaking to me as it was to those who have been a part of the Death Bat Community since the beginning. Jimmy always made me laugh, and I will always remember him as the quirky, funny, talented man I saw onscreen. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to meet him before his sudden departure from our world, but I believe that someday, when my own soul departs from this earth, we will meet in the Afterlife.

I reach towards the sky, I've said my goodbyes, my hearts always with you now...

On Monday, December 28, 2009, James Owen Sullivan A.K.A "The Rev" was found dead in his home in Huntington Beach, California. Now while the police released a statement saying they had done an Autopsy and discovered that he died of natural causes, I have recently discovered this was a lie; The truth infact is that James's body has indeed undergone an Autopsy, but he has also been sent through Toxicology, and the results that will not be back for 7 to 8 weeks will inform us if his death was drug-related. This I could accept, as I kinda had a hunch that Jimmy was a pretty heavy drug consumer, but I did not want to jump to conclusions. But my suspicions were confirmed by my friend informing me of it the other day.

Regardless of whether his death was drug-related or not, James was an amazing drummer. His legacy will live on in the hearts of his friends, family, and fans. For if it had not been for his tremendous talent; Avenged Sevenfold would not have sounded as amazing as they do today. My heart goes out to all in the Death Bat Community, and to James's friends and family. But most of all, my thoughts are with his four fellow incredibly talented band members; M. Shadows, Synyster Gates, Zacky Vengence, and Johnny Christ. My deepest sympathies to you all!!!

I pray that once you have taken the time to grieve and heal, that you will continue on in Jimmy's memory. I know he can never be truly replaced, but I know in my heart of hearts that he would want you to carry on, to continue to live your dreams. I for one would be heartbroken to see you guys go, you are such an amazing band, and I would love to meet you all one day.

On New Year's Eve, I made a toast with my friends to honor and show our respect for one of the world's most amazing drummers; "To Jimmy, who was and always will be a legend, may your soul rest in peace, as you rock the skies above. Your legacy will live on forever, you now play the greatest gig of them all; The Great Gig In The Sky. For God."

At the stroke of Midnight, I made another toast, to the night sky; "Jimmy, may your soul rest in peace, love you man!"

I know you're up there watching over us all, rocking Heaven's walls, and possibly making them crumble under your feet. Chasing Stallion Ducks, and speading your bright and cheerful, yet manical aura to all those around you. Just as you did before you departed from our world. As I sit here today, still dressed for the fourth day running in my Avenged Sevenfold T-Shirt; I will never forget you, rest in peace my friend. Now you truly are a legend...
January 3rd, 2010 at 10:25am