Bisexuality: Legitimate or a Phase?

If you've read any of my previous journals, you've probably come across the fact that I'm bisexual and have a girlfriend. Let's have an update, shall we?

There's a lot of.. young teenagers, shall we say, who are 'bisexual' these days. I've seen people claiming to be bi from as young as eleven. Is it really legitimate or is it just a phase? I'm going to be completely honest. I thought I was bisexual. I had a girlfriend for a year and a half. That's how much I thought it.. But then one day, I realised I wasn't. Just like that. I started talking to a guy I'd known for years and we got close. I wasn't going to lie to my girlfriend anymore, so I broke up with her because I just didn't feel the same about girls anymore. Me and the guy, Andy, got together.

We've been together for five weeks now and although that's not long, it's been perfect. I've had some trouble from my ex but hey, I kinda expected it I suppose. Andy recently met my parents which was.. interesting. But they all get on and I'm happier than ever, and as far as I know, he's happy too.

But the whole point of this is.. Girls and guys, just be careful. Make sure you are the sexuality you say you are, because if you're not people just get hurt. I feel pretty bad for putting my ex through that to be honest, but it's better than me being unhappy and lying to her.. Right?

I mean, I can admit it. I went through a phase of being bisexual. I was confused for two years! But things will work out in the end and you'll realise what you really want! And what I really want is Andy (or Andrew when I want to annoy him muwhaha!) because he really does mean everything to me. :-)
January 4th, 2010 at 11:43pm