I'm pretty sure I saw a ghost last week. (Also, I had the day off work because I'm sick.)

It's true, really. I do believe I have a ghost who follows me around and likes to freak my friends out (especially Ashleigh) whenever they stay.

Basically, these past few weeks I've been working with my mum because she gets Christmas help during the holidays. Her job is in Merchandising, and we have to go around all the supermarkets and do merchandising stuff (which is boring). But...yeah, that's not what I'm talking about.

You know in supermarkets, how the bread is stacked in trays and then on top of another - and they're on wheels? While we were walking into the back section of a supermarket in Mairangi Bay, I saw this man who was leaning down to look at the bottom of the bread section. He was wearing a mustard green t-shirt and like, faded blue jeans and sneakers. I saw him vividly, as if he was a real person.

And then my mum walked past where he was kneeling, and then he was gone. I leant over to see where he went...and it was nowhere. He wasn't real. I think he was a ghost.

But also, another weird thing: it was the either later that afternoon, or the next day, and I was talking to my mum and she mumbled...and I swear I heard "Breadmaker" but she actually said, "pen."

Isn't that crazy? So, now I'm thinking he's a breadmaker. Or I'm just crazy.

*

Today is my last week working with mum, and I have to say, it's been pretty fun. We get along now, which is quite amazing, because we've never really clicked. But...today, I got "that time of the month" and honestly, I nearly threw up a few times. When I was in bed and warm, I was fine. But as soon as I got out and sat on the couch to put my shoes on, the sick feeling came back (you know the one you get in your lower stomach?) and...oh my god, I could not handle it.

It hurt so much that I started crying, but I got in the car anyway and almost made it to our first store before breaking down...and then mum told me to go to the car while she went in for a few minutes, and then she took me home.

I love my mum,
alone; together
January 5th, 2010 at 02:02am