Quality Slash Wanted

Like the title says, I want to read well-written slash stories. Doesn't sound familiar? Well, to me a well-written story contains these small things:

1. Good grammar, spelling and punctuation. I absolutely hate it when I find an interesting story and it turns out to be written by a preschooler. (No offense to any preschoolers.) Seriously, using spell check isn't as hard as it looks like. Also, there is a thing called dictionary. Ring any bells? If English is not your first language, but you still want to write in English, use dictionary. It is a huge help, let me tell you.

In addition, good punctuation is a vital part of writing if you want the readers to enjoy your stories. Because that's why you share your stories, right? So others could find pleasure in your vivid imagination? Not because you want a lot of comments and feel good about yourself by writing a half-assed story about something and nothing and have people tell you how "amazing" writer you are.

2. A good plot. Personally, I want to read stories where there is a little more action than just basic guy-meets-another-guy-they-go-on-a-date-and-have-sex-and-live-happily-ever-after. Unexpected plot twists, intriguing characters, unusual situations, stuff like that I want to read about.

3. Avoidance of clichés. Every story is allowed to have a few clichés, but when they are the core of the whole story, I get bored. High school may be a good setting for a story, but it would be nice to find a story about people who are for example in their mid-thirties or mid-forties. Creativity is the key word when it comes to writing. Risks are worth taking.

So, do you happen to know any quality slash stories? Or even better, do you write them? I'll read fanfiction too, I'm kinda desperate for something good to read.

P.S. Those stories don't have to be on Mibba. Though I must say, I have quite thoroughly searched interned for slashy goodness. But I may have missed something, so I'm open for suggestions. ;}
January 5th, 2010 at 07:43pm