Hate to use the journals to ask a question but...

Regarding collections, whats the rules? Are there rules?

As I was replying to another journal I suddenly realised that I have quite a few one-shots not quite related but all part of a exercise I do when I'm bored where I find a picture and write a one shot inspired by it. When I finally get around to editing them and posting them I'd like to put them in a collection but does hat break the rules? Some fall under different genres etc, but putting them up here is more for my sake than anyone else's.

Anyway...

Also writers block. How does one conquer it? I seem to have written myself into a ditch and can't get out. It's most frustrating that I know exactly where I want to go I just don't know quite how to get onto the path there from where I am.

How do you guys get out of writers block

I've considered leaving a gap, but I'm afraid that when I go back to it I'll still be in the same spot. Not knowing how to get out. It's so frustrating. It's been like this for a few days and nothings worked. All I know is that whenever I try to start writing something else all I can think about is this unfinished story that I promised myself I would finish and I've come so far with it I hate the idea of giving up now.

Anyhow. I posted the prologue of the story in question, despite the fact I told myself I either a) wouldn't post it until it was 100% complete or b) not at all. I am quite literally shocked I already have a few comments because I didn't think anyone would read it, let alone comment.

If you were curious (which I'm sure you are) it can be found at this link: Normality

But mostly I just want you to answer my questions.
January 6th, 2010 at 07:26am