I guess LOVE is just another four letter meaningless word

I learned today of another suicide that occurred on Tuesday of a 14 year old girl. She left a note saying she couldn't take it anymore, the feeling of being unloved and unwanted was too much to bear. For a girl I didn't know her story cut deep, it was as if I was reading my own story but with an alternative ending. Her story also made me remember why I work so hard in trying to help and give hope to this world's human race.

I say "this world" because of the belief of an afterlife. This is where my true intent of this journal begins. The belief of an afterlife has gotten out of hand, it has caused many to forget about this world, this life right now. I understand that just because this life now happens to be full of, and for lack of a better term at the moment, sin, it doesn't by any means give us the right to act sinful everyday. What we do in this life does truly will make or break you. But there lies my problem. Though intentions may be true the ultimate reason anything good is ever done is to ensure the end result, that you get a place in a blissful utopia. That's not to say it's done purposefully, but typically done sub-consciously.

I don't know if an afterlife exists, same goes for the gods/goddesses. I will say this however: I should hope that every deity possible would not allow this kind of goodness to go on, for it is a false sense of good. Should we not do good here and now, in this life simply to insure that future generations have a life easy, good and worthwhile? Should not love be shown to our own species (for our own species' sake), not just to the deity that created us?

I'm not saying this is the only reason for why we have forgotten this lifetime. Society with all its materialistic "goods", has played a major role in our attitudes towards our own race. We get too caught up in hording everything and anything possible to establish a meaningless value in today's life that we forget the consequences created from our actions.

This world, this life should not be forgotten about. We become so absorbed in our own lives that we have forgotten (as well as destroyed) one of the most irreplaceable, sacred things we, as human beings, can never live without: love. Remember that this life matters as well, not just for us but for the future that has no faith or hope or love. I should say that a life being worthy of immortality is the life that did good not only in the here and now, but for the here and now for future generations.

No 14 year old, let alone any person of any age, should ever have to even think about suicide, especially if the reason behind such thoughts are feelings of being unloved and unwanted.
January 8th, 2010 at 03:32am