For people who've gone to university/college for english!

[n00b]

School talk, yeesh, I feel like I'm about to cry!

Hey mibba, so I've been doing research all night after having a long talk with one of my teachers at schoo about careersl. I'm basically prepared to throw myself out my window right now - I'm terrified for university and I just want to stay in high school a bit longer.

Anyways.. so I'm really interested in english. More specifially, creative writing. But I'm not 100% sure that I want to go to university for that just yet. Hey, why not, just for the hell of it, what other things could I go to university that involves english for?

[I'm terrible at essays if you feel like answering that ^ question. Haha. I'm also really into writing fiction and all that jazz!]

My main question was what careers could I pursue if I go to university for creative writing but now I'm just wondering what other classes I could take that involve english for school!

Sorry if I sound like such a n00b, haha. I plan to talk to my guidance councillor tomorrow about all this stuff!

PS, I live in Canada, am a grade 11 student, and basically have a clear canvas for the basis of knowledge for this kind of stuff, mwahaha.

[/n00b]
January 8th, 2010 at 03:56am