(6,7)

I didn't write yesterday. That's my be-productive-and-catch-up-on-your-homework/clean-your-room/go-to-youth-group day. But here I am, writing again.
Well yesterday, I learned that you always have to look at things from other people's points of view. Take this for example. English:
My friend: *As sick as sick can be, a growing mountain of tissues on her desk.*
Me: *Looking at the tissues,* "Uh, have you gone to the office and had your temperature checked?
My friend: I'm fine. *In a rude tone.* Leave me alone.
Honestly, she never acts like this.
Me: *Hurt, in english, not knowing if I should say anything.* "Woah, rude."
My friend: *Raising her tone. Might I mention, in class where everyone can here.* "I DON'T need your help!"

I was hurt. My best friend never acts like this. I started to wonder. Has our friendship been crumbling? Have I done something wrong? Oh no, everything is fine. My friend is a genius. Seriously, her IQ score must be off the charts. High PSAT scores, 4.0, never misses a day of school awesomeness. Now she's come down with a fever and does not want to leave school. She must have felt awful at the time I asked if she had her temperature checked. She had a runny nose, probably really congested, eyes watery, all that jazz. Also, people all day have been asking her "are you okay?". I'd probably loose it too. It was 7th period. Knowing all this, I apologized for any wrong words said as we waited for the bus and she made a joke about it. Cool as ice.

Also happening that day, I found some really awesome vintage windbreakers for sale on eBay, looked up a funny Woody Guthrie song about cars, and had a long talk about politics with my dad. I think wars should never happen and he thinks that we should never quit something. I think both parties fight way too much and thats a flaw in the system and these politicians do nothing but try to look good and often make mistakes. Blah, blah, blah. His life is politics. I swear. I then went to youth group. That was fun.

Today, I learned that only the top 90-95 percentile on the SATs actually get merit scholarships. Great. I didn't do that well. I was in the 70 percentile about. In writing, I was in the 90 percentile but that was it.

Oh, the SATs.
Make my brain turn to mushed peas.
The SATs aren't cool.
It's not like we learn this stuff in school.
*Insert amazing guitar riff*
January 8th, 2010 at 06:27am